Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

To all New and upcoming Guilds and Towns, Prepare your warriors for "Gladiator Wars"! Here's the deal in a nutshell so far....

1 vs 1 "Gladiator Champion" (Anything goes)

1 vs 1 "Spell Slinger" champions (Magic only)

2 vs 2 "Brothers in Arms" Champions (Anything goes)

3 vs 3 "Gladiator Team" Champions (Anything goes)

All battles will be no interference from the outside, We will have guards if needed.
    The "Spell Slinger" will be only magic, if any melee or range is used, execution is the price! So please keep it to spells only for that particular battle!
    There will be prizes given for those events!! (Add ons or Gold Pieces , To be announced prior to the grand event!) This is only an Annual event, once a year! Don't miss out on it!

We will be Commentating the matches and each fighter can pick their own entrance music, live or recorded interviews (*exclusive to Gladiator Wars only) via www.avatarsradio.com get in contact with Amber Raine, for selections of intro music.
    In addition to that, If selected by blaquerogue/Torniquet(*in game) your vendor will be spotlighted via www.avatarsradio.com
    Contact blaquerogue via messages in the forums.

Also if you do not claim a town or guild you can inquire with blaquerogue/ Torniquet/Ebon Viper/ Squirrel (*in game), who will be sponsoring a few of you that don't have a guild or town.

Also look up those characters in game for training and help. When the game goes live, Torniquets "PVP School of Don't Dirtnap" will have registrations open for those that may need a little help, we will have special guest trainers as well!

I look forward to meeting you all in the releases, feel free to ask for help or ask questions about all the above, through messaging or in game when I'm running around!

Read through the rest of this thread to familiarize yourself with what "Gladiator Wars" is all about, and updated changes as well.

Each town or guild will sponsor their fighters for "Gladiator Wars" no more than 3 per town or guild.

These events are sponsored solely by myself and a few volunteers, when there are prizes involved it come from pocket and/or charity, by myself and others. Even though we may have guild titles above our names, by no means is it sponsored by that guild, town, or Devs. (unless one of them decide to offer up stuff) in situations like that, I will then announce who offered up stuff. "Gladiator Wars" is solely itself with no sides (we are Neutral, and we invite friends and enemies alike to participate and compete) All are welcome to come and participate or spectate.

We will be having various Gladiator Battles through out the year building up to this one event, per year. So keep watch on the forums for listing of battles and areas to be fought in!!!! ( Saturdays mostly at 9pm eastern time.) Many preliminaries will come first prior to the main event, please get your teams ready. All fights are to the death.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Great idea! A lot of emergent gameplay right there. (might want to edit one sentence there about 1.5 minutes of talking!

Stuff I'm loving:
    * Ticket sales can be used to fund prizes.
    * Avatars radio for live commentary! Hope they like that idea!
    * The theatre in the stretch goal might be a worthy arena, otherwise the devs can create one.
    * guild / city sponsored fighters.
    * popular fighters attracting bigger crowds.
    * paper can be used to create programmes. Can sell for a small amount.

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yes great idea we have similar ideas for PaxLair!

We'll be helping to support all player run activities!

4. Maxe

Maxe Avatar

Great idea!

Suggestions:
    All forms are death matches - not sure how you would do the knock out except if one dude is running around screaming YIIIELD!! (say a 'going to 10% HP = knock out' won't work imo)

Keep entry fees a low novelty fee. If you want to do this partly as your living, I suggest you instead earn your gold by being the bookmaker.

Organise a schedule of matches f.x. fixed weekly time. Have a bulletin board with the schedule at your house.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So far i have it all laid out..except schedules.
    The "knock out" would be basically a duel, HP depleted your down but not dead, still waiting to hear how all that combat is going to work. I dont want a death or killing to cost the individual virtue loss etc...
    I have a tier set up for championships 20 people 1 v 1 when one loses the other advances and so forth until the Ultimate championship is down to 2,
    maybe get some kind of support from SotA on a belt you can wear thats states champion, and hopefully a title can be placed on individuals "Gladiator Champion" or something like that.
    have guilds and vendors come sell their wears, and foods at the battles, spotlighting one or 2 vendors or guilds, having booths set up on my lot for that purpose.
    So far things are looking good on my end. Still have to figure prices, entry fees etc.. (in due time)

As far as my play style ill meet competitors from all forms of styles (PVP and PVE), help them pitch themselves and find sponsors. etc.. Towns and cities could do the same with their members.
    Even if SoTA doesnt come forth with a belt or title it can still be done :)

All suggestions are looked at im on the forums all the time (if not banned for certain amounts of time, lol) Ill be here to see what every ones ideas are! Keep them coming!

Mercyful Fate, Maxe and Time Lord like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

"GLADIATOR WARS" COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!

Although probably not every Wed and Sunday!

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

If you would like me to travel to your city it would be my pleasure as long as we have a controlled arena! If this interests any of you as far as competitors please message me and let me know about your character so i have something to tell the fans, and also what type of involvement you would like if your a vendor. the sooner i get these messages the faster ill be able to get the games up and running, And have booths etc.. set up for your arrival.

Mercyful Fate and Time Lord like this.
  8. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'd basically put the least possible mechanics around it and let people RP. It's just a place where you die without dying.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Absolutely going to have games like this in my village. Depending on numbers it is likely to be be pay to take part, knock out rounds with the winner taking a nice sum of money and goodies.

Doesnt bother me in the slightest if it is to the death.....hopefully it can be so there can be no disputes (I know in UO I have come back from 2 or 3 hp to claim victory).

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

We can travel there for competitions sometimes, if youd like!:)

11. Gau2

Gau2 Avatar

I love this thread.

I think the devs should definitely make a mini-Colosseum for us bloodthirsty fans and combatants alike! That might even make a castle lot worthwhile, the most awesome public building ever : COLOSSEUM ;-)

Mercyful Fate, rowan50k, Maxe and 3 others like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah that would be awesome, im also going to set up interviews with the fighters in teh competition, maby make up voices or use those fighters voices and advertise on SoTA radio as well as Commentate there! :) Its been Ok'd by Avatar radio as well! Im really looking forward to it!

http://avatarsradio.com/community/

Mercyful Fate, Khloec, Maxe and 3 others like this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

A call to all fighters PVE and PVP! If you would like to participate in the "Gladiator Wars"
    please drop me a short background about why you are the greatest fighter! so i can start doing spots for you guys on interviews to build your titles up and create a following! I look forward to hearing from you all! please only send me messages with your characters name and why he/she is the greatest fighter of all time! Also to build a roster.

--include your character name (not forum)
    ---what city if any you are from
    --a brief description why you are a contender!

Caska DiFumarate, Brian and Time Lord like this.
  14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

definitely will have RP to it

Time Lord likes this.
  15. NANOC

NANOC Avatar

Great idea Blaquerogue. This will be a good addition to the communities. Hopefully we will be able to get arena that only allow combatants to fight.
    Keep up the great ideas.

16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Arenas?!?!:mad:
    Are you kidding me???:confused:

That isn't PvP, that isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

NEVER!!:mad:

If this is it...if this is all!!!:mad:
    I'll order a hard-copy of this game from the cash-shop just so that I can have the satisfaction of destroying it in RL PvP, with my bare hands!!!:mad:

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

No this is not the PVP you and i crave it is just an event where all can partake and lose nothing and gain prizes, make bets buy goods, Its tournaments, PVP is still in the game, this isnt something that will take the place of good ole pvp! Dont worry! You know I crave PVP as much as you!

18. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Awwww yeah! :cool:

Time Lord and Brian like this.
  19. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Dunno... This isnt WWF. Naively I think the game mechanics can't be as easily fooled into a fake outcome. Is very easy to RP a loss and rake in tons of money from gambling.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I know brother, just having some fun.:p

But still.
    NOOO!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Time Lord, Caska DiFumarate and Brian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.