Attack options

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by redfish, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm sure others here can come up with a lot of other ideas, this is just off the top of my head.

How about...

Attacking with torches.
    For fire damage, either in the main hand or offhand. Come on, torches can be useful in battles! Especially against zombies.

Bucklers vs. shields.
    Shields would be good in large battles, since they have more coverage can block multiple opponents as well as arrows, but bucklers would be effective in parrying during one-to-one battles, as well as being lighter and potentially add less slugs (though I notice shields don't add slugs). Like shields, they could also be used to attack.

Large vs. small shields and coverage.
    It would be maybe good, now that we know coverage will be in the game with scene obstacles, that shields could also have a coverage stat. Aside from including bucklers, this could also include different size shields like kite shields and tower shields. Tower shields are obviously huge, so would have to add a lot of slugs and be heavy, but I imagine their coverage would also make them useful in some combat situations.

Spiked shields and bucklers.
    For better damage with shield bash. These would also naturally be shields with less coverage. Plus there were some shields designed for fighting besides spiked shields.

Hackenschilds, also called "hewing shields" or "hooked shields", had blade-like points at each end so they could also be used to thrust like a weapon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There was also something designed with a similar idea in mind, a lantern shield,
    Also something called a hungarian shield, although it doesn't look practical.
    [​IMG]

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Just to note that bucklers are use in punching. So defensively you are deflecting blows by punching the weapon away.. and offensively it's like punching with a steel gauntlet. They can't be used to stop block as the force would be absorbed by your wrist.. or in other words.. you'd break your wrist.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.