Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto Attack Movement Issue

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Kittik, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

While I auto attack a mob, I lunge forward so much it puts me out of place. At times, I'll lunge forward so much that my character will be so far away from the mob that he won't turn around and continue to attack.

Also, with this ridiculous lunge forward mechanism implemented with Auto attack I find it nearly impossible to move backwards while fighting.

Please address this.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Join the crowd :D~TL~
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/current-bad-combat-movements.55951/

Acred likes this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This behavior does not happen to me if I turn on auto attack and just move nearby the mob to engage the attack.

I do notice the lunge happen if I don't do it that way, though. It might be related to the latest animation and control adjustment.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  4. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

The whole system is just... well, you want the long or the short version ? Sh***, stands for the short one anyway.
    Unmanageable.
    Unfriendly.
    Unusable.
    Unwhatever.
    I hate it.
    I just can't understand (and can't shape my reflexes to it) why my avatar behaves differently when I'm casually wandering and when I'm in combat. Drawing my weapon makes me unable to move with the (usual) left mouse button. Unless I switch to auto-attack. But then I'm shooting auto, of course, which I don't want, as a bow user.
    Note that my macer isn't happy either, jumping all around to stick to its (sometimes not chosen) target.

Most, if not all, PC-games I've played since I've an internet connection were using mouse for movements and targeting, keyboard for actions, spells, skills, regardless if we were in combat or frolicking.
    The systems as it is now is plain ridiculous, too complicated, not configurable enough and tiring.

Unhappy K.

Bluefire, Oyjord Hansen and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.