Current Bad Combat Movements

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Time Lord, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Current Bad...umm, no... Terrible Combat Movements~
    Anyone who has anything they need to say about this or has anything to add, "please feel free to let it all hang out on this issue"...

During combat my character has a death wish, by moving forward to the target while thrusting, moving into the inside the target while riposte, moving totally behind the target while performing any of the above combat movements. The result is exposing my rear for the target to attack me in, bad camera angles when in tight quarters and not knowing where the target is located because of the repositioning of my character while attempting combat melee attack moves.

"Anyone have any help here?"

I can't think of any single more important subject in a game of melee combat that will ever be more important "to fix and needs fixing"... is it a bug?

Where does Portalarium stand on these issues? What are the reasons for these things to happen? How does this enhance our game's quality? And the new targeting system *gasp*...

*face palm, frowny face, shakes head and shakes his finger*
    [​IMG]

This is such a nice game, so why make our combat interactions so clunky, confusingly, clumsy?

"Somebody please tell me how this improves our game, please"
    :eek: "Whoever is doing this, mommy please make the bad man stop, please mommy!" :(
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Rilman, Lazlo, psteg and 22 others like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I noticed a similar forward auto-movement towards targets at times. I've played some other games that do this and got used to it, but wasn't expecting it here. Is it a bug or something new and intended?

3. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Cannot open doors to find a place to resurrect, just quit the game and restart it I guess?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yes, please stop moving and turning my char for me. It's especially bad in a party with pvpers: i suddenly find myself facing them, my swing arc includes them, and I have the battle interrupted by the pvp warning gump.

psteg, | Grave |, Doctor and 7 others like this.
  5. imin

imin Avatar

I agree with this 110%. The combat in this game is clunky, and quite honestly, very very boring. Please fix this.

6. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

what I hate worse is having your back against the wall, or how the spawns invades my space; I like to have a tile between me that the spawn. The sounds are not that inspiring either. The spawn rubber banding is insulting to the complexity of the environment around it. Having to play in friends only mode - because the world is too small yet too big; is a slap in the face to the carnival like success Uo had. when your early moments are shrouded in a empty world, the excitement o0zes.

psteg, Doctor and Time Lord like this.
  7. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

Otherwise: were Ok to go. Lol

Rilman, Doctor and Time Lord like this.
  8. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Yes those melee animations move my char in a way, it makes the game annoying. Just to gives examples.

- I use 2h sword and still stand in the mob because of the animation, that cause many mobs to move a step back and I jump again on them. I can move through half of the scene this way.
    - I can't attack a mob from the back because many combat animation just move me in front not turned to th mob, so this animation movement doesn't allow me to use a game mechanic
    - My char turns around the mob through those animation movements and I always have to move my camera so I can cast spells
    - When I double click from a bit away my charge to the mob. In the same time the mob moves towards me. In the end both end on the position of the other one. Really annoying.

9. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Yeah I just noticed this thrusting through the mob stuff happening in R32. Super annoying and I find myself constantly have to re-position my self because I have actually passed through the mob and now my back is to it.

One other annoying thing is that I feel like the mobs move in to close to you, I constantly feel like I need to back up slightly and re-position myself, but that might just be me. I don't feel like two people fighting with swords because we are practically kissing we are so close. It seems natural to me that there is some space between two people sword fighting, sort of like the sport fencing. They are not touching noses lol.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  10. uziraff

uziraff Avatar

New melee meta, we are now jousting folks!

Doctor, Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, I've noticed some sort of new lunge with a melee skill useage and while moving forward sometimes.. still playing with it...

12. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Yeah it's pretty trashed up at the moment. I actually submitted a bug because it's so bad. I'm sure Chris is fixing it! Good topic, great thread.

13. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

1 million at launch, brah.

Hillel Slovak, Baalice and Time Lord like this.
  14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I get dizzy from having to move my camera view around constantly while in melee combat.....combined with lunging forward with attacks, lunging sideways, moved to the middle of creatures where I can't hit them but they can hit me still, lunging past creatures so that I am constantly being smacked in the back, especially spiders while webbed grrrrrr, my goodness.....it's a nightmare atm and frustrating as *bleep*

psteg, Doctor, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  15. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

going the other direction you could probably use those mechanics for blade weaving or directional movement creating different types of attacks.. it seems like that's what W is doing when you left click? or just a bug..

not sure if I should continue with my 2h sword though.. the auto attack damage is pitiful. I regularly hit stuff for 3, 5, 8, etc! guess I need to keep raising my skills and hope it improves

Doctor and Time Lord like this.
  16. Stevvcash

Stevvcash Avatar

Was going to write this but it's easier to quote. I'm always backing up.

17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I completely agree, this thrusting while attacking is really lame. I cant control my char and have to continually adjust where Im standing. I really hate finding myself behind the mob.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yea, especially when your thrust jumps you forward to the other side of the mob and suddenly he's on your arse....
    This behavior began in R32. Sure hope it's a bug and not intended as some sort of "new and more challenging" combat.

19. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I find the same thing to be true on all 3 of my computers.

20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"For All of Our Newcomers, We Have Never Ever Had This Many Problems With Our Combat System"
    :eek: *please stand by*

Dear Portalarium,
    It's getting to be that time for an intervention o_O It's been getting worse and not better :( All of the aforementioned problems still exist, yet now with the addition of my character wanting to strike some invisible target to my right.
    He's sort of been getting kinky with the monsters and opponents also, wishing to always have his chest constantly touching them :confused: I truly think he need therapy o_O I've tried constantly backing him away from the target, but he's got this crazy man boob fetish where he just wants to keep rubbing them on things.

[​IMG]

I think it's time to put having sex into the game so he can get it out of his system, or try and fix the problem with medication...
    Either way, I do hope you come up with a solution o_O
    ~Time Lord~:(

psteg and Baalice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.