Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Avatar moves randomly when using blades

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by jiirc, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Title: Avatar moves randomly when fighting melee
    Blocker: No
    Repro Rate: varies
    Details: When fighting mobs using blades (maybe all melee), it appears that randomly the avater jumps forward when attacking. This happens more often when using auto attack, but that might be because you attack at a faster rate than when using skills. Sometimes its really annoying because you end up right on top of the mob and can't hit it unless you move. And when it moves you, you might end up in the same situation.
    Build: 379

Dariog likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It is currently designed that some some attacks will include animations that will move the avatar toward a target. If you notice instances where this breaks gameplay, such as moving to near a target that your attacks no longer take effect, please let us know specifically which mobs this occurs for, in order for us to reproduce. Thanks!

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

All I've had to do is go out and fight, it didn't matter what I fought or what skills I used. All that is needed is to train in blades, or maybe other trees as well, and just fight. There are times you can't run away because auto attack teleports you forward so that you're in range where you can hit something. Thrust will move you forward or past the mob so that you are no longer facing the mob and can't attack it.

4. Tibs

Tibs Avatar

I've also seen this on my avatar, specifically using Thrust, and I believe it happened once using Reposte. Specifically versus large skeleton, South Longfall Wetland, target was slightly uphill (on land: I was in the marsh). It can happen both while Ignite Weapon is active and when it isn't. I thought nothing of it until I saw this post, as a thrust is often also a lunge, and commonly there is something of a lunge to a good reposte. However the skeletons are trouble when they get inside my guard like that and I have to back away to draw them once more into my arc of play.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.