Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banish Undead skill

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Xandra7, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

What is the reasoning behind Banish Undead, my other spells do as much if not more damage to undead,
    chief difference is the skill does zero damage to all other life forms in the game. And now it has been nerfed.

The range having been reduced to 20 from 30, is not affected by the skill that increases range. Bug?

cobran and Knightguy like this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I think this change would make some sense if Banish was turned into AoE. I am pretty much sure that right now it is single target (i tested multiple times and it seems it only affects 1 target)...

But about damage: i already got some nice crits on undead... i mean, really nice (200+ dmg).

Knightguy, Xandra7 and curt like this.
  3. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

They did decrease the casting time on banish undead from 2 seconds to 1. You are correct that they massively reduced the range on it though. My range used to be over 40, now it is stuck at a raw 20 and isn't being effected by life range. I hope that they will apply the life range bonus to it, and that it's a bug.

Knightguy and Xandra7 like this.
  4. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Played with it today, the dmg it does compared to what it used to do is disheartening, I do think they should make it an AOE, since Life doesn't have any other attacks. Maybe give Moon an attack too while they're at it.

Xandra7 likes this.
  5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

With the 2h weapon buff, at 10% chance to proc, I do around 600-800 damage for every 19 damage the proc does when fighting the undead. For more trained avatars it's probably even worse.

I could try wearing jewelery with the 5% damage boost for banish, but I'm not sure it works for the weapon proc.

Will raising my life attunement boost the damage for the proc? Does anyone know?

Xandra7 likes this.
  6. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

My attunement is in the 70s after gear and weapon chants. It still doesn't do that much but my banish is only in the 60 lvl range. I used to crit in the 150-250 range with it, now it's all under 100 and usually round 50 dmg

Xandra7 likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Just me or does that sound like they balanced it? that dmg before on it especially with the range was insane.

8. Lysippe

Lysippe Avatar

I think it was useless skill already

Xandra7 likes this.
  9. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I love Banish Undead. At persistence and for a few cycles before, it was the first skill I brought to GM. Even with the undead only limitation and the latest balancing, it's still my go-to attack. With high life attunement (mine is at 135 just now) that skill puts out a TON of damage for very little focus cost. I think it's great that as a player who primarily focuses on healing I still have a way to go out and earn some decent xp solo without having to invest too heavily in the other magic or weapon trees. Now that I've leveled a bit, I have put some xp towards other things, which is nice, but right out of the gate I was able to get out there alone and build my character the way I wanted to, using an attack that also helped build up my Life innate skills. It's FAR from useless.

That range thing though, it being affected by life reach WAS the bug, sad to say, and it's been fixed. I'm sure going to miss it!

Edit: about the proc -- the one on hit with weapons, I never did see do any decent damage, but the boost from rings and necklaces is great!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Envane and majoria70 like this.
  10. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Except it's a situation spell in a heal tree that can only be used on 1 type of mob, thought that was the trade off. I can understand balancing it though. But if they're gonna take away all the dmg they could at least add a stun or fear mechanic to it.

Xandra7 likes this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Isn't banish undead combo with soothing rain creating an aoe undead spell?

Xandra7 and margaritte like this.
  12. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

It make a little DoT effect on them for a bit

Xandra7 and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  13. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

The one thing I have noticed about Banish Undead that bugs me a little bit, is that when you did cast it in the past you faced your enemy during the casting animation. Now for some reason your character is facing about 45 degrees away from the target and I find it very hard to get used to. I liked it when you faced your enemy of target during the animation.

14. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

This makes me kind of sad, I did not realize attunement went over 100 like individual skills do. I am lvl 84 banish undead, and was under the mistaken impression that
    gains made after 80 would be barely noticeable.

cobran likes this.
  15. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Attunement scales linearly, skills do too but take far more xp/usage the higher they get.

Skeletons were buffed way too much. The even fights I used to watch between them and large/red spiders are now a steamroller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.