Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bank Issues

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Womby, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

There will be a gap between the start of the final wipe release and each person't turn to secure a place for a lot deed (if applicable). During that time people will be living out of their banks - provided they haven't spent up big in the add-on store.
    In that case they will be punished by not being able to store anything in the bank because their bank is already full:

[​IMG]

In the above, I have already withdrawn a lot of stuff from the bank (it started at well over 400), and it is still over capacity. Buying over 100 extra bank slots to handle a temporary problem is not a sensible solution.
    One (inconvenient, to say the least) answer is to store items in the inventory of an alt until a house is placed.

I really wish Portalarium would fix this problem. We should not be punished for using the add-on store.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Perhaps a good solution would be to add a bank slot to all add-on store items?

I think in the long run this would work well because even if people are speculating, they can't trade the bank slots so it's a net win for Portalarium. Of course, this shouldn't take effect until after the final wipe when items purchased can no longer be melted down.

3. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

For amount of money someone paid to get add-ons stuff, it may end up cost more to just buy extra bank slot on the add-on store right now. I don't think people will want to buy add-on just to increase their bank slot. So why not just let them have extra bankslot for each item they receive like how it was before and call it a day?

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

For the POT owner, one solution would be to have a POT vault at that POT town crier that you take POT related items from and store them in your bank if you do not end up setting them up.

Make it so that you can only withdraw from it, not store items into it

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

This isn't the big issue your making out to be, I just purchased all the extra slots I needed without any problems, and I never came near my weight limit...

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Womby

Womby Avatar

100 additional bank slots would cost me $50 from the add-on store. That wouldn't even bring me up to one available slot. I assume that if I bought a bank slot upgrade with gold in-game in the previous release it would disappear with the wipe, so that's not an option.
    Realistically, to give myself 30 bank slots (same as Adventurer level) would cost me around $65 ($50 of which is just to bring me up to zero slots). To solve a temporary problem that will only occur once, but nevertheless will cause major inconvenience at a critical time.

Buying 130 slots in-game at the start of the final wipe release would not be possible, given the way the price of slots increases as you add them, and the fact that as a newly arrived avatar I would have no spare gold. (Any gold I did acquire I would need to unlock skills.)
    The cost to give myself 10 slots (100 slots to break even, plus another 10) would be:
    100g+
    100g+
    100g+
    200g+
    200g+
    500g+
    500g+
    600g+
    700g+
    800g+
    1,700g
    which comes to 5,500g. For 10 useable slots. Another 10 slots would be another 1,800g and the next 10 would be 2,000g

Meanwhile I'll need gold to unlock skills at 100g each. That's not reasonable.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  8. Selene

Selene Avatar

Rewards, add-ons, and POT items (npc houses, markers,etc) should not take up bank inventory space until they have a "place". Until they are removed once and put back in at a bank, they aren't located anywhere in New Britannia and shouldn't take up room.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OMG! :eek:~That Bank Account Looks Like Half of SOTA's Creation Budget~
    I could hold all that for you @Womby , but I wouldn't trust myself :D
    *note to self, buy additional banking space in the add-on store*
    ~Time Lord~
    :p

10. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

It makes no sense that we'd have to "buy" space because we "buy" add-ons and other offerings. Basically I have to pay extra because I paid extra? SeleneNoctua is right when she says, "Rewards, add-ons, and POT items (npc houses, markers,etc) should not take up bank inventory space".

11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

This, one godzillion times this!!!

Alternatively, another perk to encourage people to buy:

Every purchase in the add-on store should raise the amount of bank slots by the amount of items in the purchase.

It would become really compelling to acquire items in the shop, then. Especially the large sets (thinking the granite blocks, or skeletons, or spiders, or chessboards), would double as ingame items and bank expansions.

12. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I agree, anything with a location of "Reward" should not take up a bank spot. Simple enough solution if you ask me.

13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Another solution would be a separate tab in the bank that only holds Addons/rewards.

Daxxe Diggler, Leelu, Chatele and 6 others like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

My old proposal was that addon store stuff shouldn't take a banking slot.
    That would make them more desirable and a late coming hoarder could still be viable.
    But I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

15. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

They have never done bank slots right in my opinion. Global limit, but only local access is incredibly stupid. The extremely small bank sizes for people unless you shell out a very large amount of money. Add on store purchases bloating the bank. There have been lots of good posts about it, but unfortunately, Port doesn't seem to care or view it as an issue. It should only take a few minutes to adjust bank slot numbers or a little bit longer to create a rewards tab in the bank that isn't counted towards global limit.

Vox Aquila, argyle, Ravenclaw and 6 others like this.
  16. Womby

Womby Avatar

Based on what I heard in the live stream, they have no intention of addressing this issue.

Leelu, Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Just make it about bank slots in POT's and then it's sure to get addressed.
    ;)

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  18. Womby

Womby Avatar

Looks like I'll be using an alt's inventory as a bank.

Marishka, Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Perfect solution. There should be a separate tab for add on store items where they remain as "unclaimed" until you remove them. Once you take them out, you can't put them back into that tab.
    Basically, they would code it as remove only access with no rights to add items to it.

Then, you have all of your pledge rewards in the normal bank tab and you get what you are supposed to as bonus slots per pledge levels.

20. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yup, with the number of items in my bank, and not being able to place until group 64, there won't be much point in me being in game until sometime around Dragon Con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.