Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bank Issues

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Womby, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

After the hangout, my hopes for a solution *I* like are next to none. :(

Leelu, Vyrin and Time Lord like this.
  2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Well they made a very valid point in the stream. Everything is tradable in game. Addon items don't take bank space until you claim them. Once you claim it, it's an item like any other item in game. Most games don't allow $$ purchased items to be traded in game so I think it's a fair trade off.

We also have unlimited storage via any chest on a house.

Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Huh?

That's the very point of this thread: Addon items DO take bank space even before you claim them. And in the hangout they described why they can't change the items to prevent that.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The only workaround is to Gift all addon store stuff to oneself after wipe. Meaning one can't use them until one has either got more banking space, or, housing storage.

Leelu, Time Lord and Katrina Bekers like this.
  5. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I guess I misunderstood or misheard @DarkStarr I swore he said addon and pledge items didn't tank bank space until you removed them. I never really noticed as hadn't run out yet. Maybe this actually isn't working properly then?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Time Lord likes this.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:D +1!'
    ~TL~
    :p

Hornpipe and Katrina Bekers like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes he said that, but No that isn't true.

However!
    Right now we claim everything when we start the game client. There has been some old plans to change that and some Standup notes which says they have been working on how claiming works.
    So it could be that not everything in your Account will be Claimed by your character when you enter the game - but that it hasn't made it to the released game yet.
    Then as long as one abstain from claiming the stuff they wouldn't appear in the bank at all, but rather only exist on the Account page.

We will see.

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

People use such dramatic language on this forum. Everyone needs to realize that speaking in such a self serving, manipulative manner, essentially boils down to unnecessary stress and increased challenge for devs to focus on making the game great. Can we discuss these problems like rational adults ftw?

No one is being "punished," to suggest so is just ridiculous (and somewhat insulting).

Btw see that little image in the bottom right corner of the UI for the bank? For 700g, the amount of money you make in about 40 minutes of getting exp, you can have more bank slots than are needed to solve the problem (for that example image). This was addressed in the R28 post mortem. The solution is trivial. In some of the worst cases, players will have to farm exp for like 2 hours to buy enough bank slots. In most cases, players will have to farm exp for under an hour.

3 ectoplasmic residue and the rest of the corpse wax you get off a couple of skeletons = +10 bank slots. extremely trivial solution.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  10. helm

helm Avatar

The price of a bank slot increases (quite steeply) as one gets more of them. Therefore the triviality of this depends on how much stuff one has. Like @Womby explained in detail, in here.

Edit: For the convenience of the TL;DR cult disciples out there, in Womby's case, 30 usable slots would mean a 9300 gp investment, which can be earned for example by selling 330 ectoplasmic residues.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.