Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banking

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Satan Himself, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

HATE the banking feature that you can't access all your stuff at whatever bank you visit.

I understand this is to enhance regional economies. This goal will definitely be achieved, but it won't be good for the game. Players like me will find it such a pain to make sure all their items are deposited their favorite bank that they will conduct far less commerce and activity in other parts of the world. It seems to me that the goal of incentivizing people to explore and play all over should trump any goal related to building regional economies.

Regional economies will happen naturally anyway. But this banking system is painful IMO.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Global banking is entirely unrealistic and would be exploited to no end. Load up on resources.. dump it in a bank and pick it up on the other side of the world? No thanks. That to players like me.. is annoying.

Just remember that when it comes to the reasons of "I want" there's always someone who disagrees. Besides.. it may not be as bad as you think.. especially if you get the option of shipping items where you want them..

Hazard, Sebastion, stratigos and 5 others like this.
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I LOVE the banking feature. I think it will be good for the game. It will encourage trade and I think the majority will prefer local over global banking for the advantages to gameplay it brings. :)

Sebastion, stratigos, Morkul and 5 others like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

LOVE the banking feature!

Sebastion, Morkul, Bow Vale and 4 others like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Compromise on regional banking? All hidden vale banks are linked, but the one in ardoris is part of a different network.

Heradite and Tahru like this.
  6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Good idea!

I do like the non-global banking solution though.

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The devs have already noted that they may add in a "magical transfer" mechanism in the future, for a fee. I believe that is compromise enough.

Town specific banking is a great change of pace from the typical "Magical Bank" approach used in other games, and I think it is grand. :)

8. Drocis the Devious

One of the reasons I think regional banking is such a great mechanic is that it creates risk where it otherwise would not exist.

I don't mind having "magical transfers for a fee" but I do mind having the risk taken out of the equation. The risk of having to move stuff from one city to another, for example, and having the possibility that your favorite shirt or your chest of gold will be looted by players (or if you don't pvp - by monsters). That's why I'd like to see any magical transfers not happen instantly, but instead go on caravans that can be attacked by players and monsters - this gives you the risk of losing items just like anyone else would that doesn't use the magical transfer mechanics.

Tahru likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I would phrase that it creates risk where it should have always existed. :)

I would rather have items transferred via caravan and take some time to get from point A to point B. I strongly dislike "magic" as a catch all solution for all conveniences.

stratigos, Morkul, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

Well said.

I can see people using the "magic movers" as a way around all this though. No fees, no waiting. The devs need to add a big fee to "magic movers", and add some risk. Otherwise, people will just min max lots and use them as insta portals for anything they want to teleport across the map.

Tahru likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You know there was idea regarding the shipping of items in an old thread.. I should dig it up and post just the shipping idea and see what the response is.

Duke Raas and Tahru like this.
  12. Develyne1

Develyne1 Avatar

yeps this idea seems a bit better, a small fee(hopefully)i can only imagine how annoying its going to get IF you are crafting,OHH no some of the things i need i cannot access from here,more loading screens later,after preparing to defend oneself LOL(i love this feature,quite often find myself screaming at my screen with a big grin on my face,NO!).Probably have to place say crafting things in one area and other things else were.It will all come together in the end,hopefully:D

13. Seth Ruin

Seth Ruin Avatar

I think regional banking systems are a good idea. I played EVE Online for years, and there was no global inventory system. The result was that regional trade was a huge market and a great way to make money.

Tahru, Sebastion, stratigos and 2 others like this.
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

+1

Tahru likes this.
  15. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

I am with everyone else and like the regional banking.

This way items that are not easily available in the area must be brought in some way.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.