Benefactor Baron House

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Duke Gréagóir, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like! It looks like a baron of the highest order would live here.
    [​IMG]

Deliverence, Keira, The One and 11 others like this.
  2. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

It looks... clashy? Nice design, but the 3 different textures used to make it up look weird to me. Doesn't seem to blend in harmony like the other houses have. *shrugs*

Kaisa likes this.
  3. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

The Home Owners Association is going to have something to say about that grass.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I hate to say it, but this is a case where I think the Benefactor version looks nicer than the Founder version.

I don't see that as a big problem because Founders still get TONS of exclusive rewards and both houses.

5. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

I will agree that the overall design of the Baron house is in favor of the benefactor. Just looked at the comparison picture of them. Still something that looks weird to me when looking at the skin of the benefactor home though. Maybe my screen is showing it weird, but the mix of what looks like stone bricks to a yellow(?) (I know it isn't really yellow but I can't describe the color) third floor to a wood panel(?) roof of a light color isn't hitting it for me.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Founder Knight's is still the best, with the Duke #2.
    I really don't like this one very much.

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I completely love this new house! It's better than the founders version (at least based on the pictures)...I'm still waiting for a view on the Bene Lord's house! (didn't I see them working on that first?)

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Very Stately Looking :) I can't wait to see the insides. I'll bet it's a knockout :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

The benefactor house is better, like always. xD Is one of my new favorites and for me that house have a much nicer style that the founders one. Anyway that will not be a problem for me, since Im not baron. :p

10. Alena Sanggre

Alena Sanggre Avatar

This is a beautiful house. Good job on the design. I even like it better than the other one.

11. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

I love this house! Wow, just wow.

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I really don't understand the love for this house.
    The roof line and the texturing make it look like a 3D house built for a cheap computer game by someone that doesn't know or care about architecture.

[​IMG]
    Problems with the roof, other than it just looking like a big separate blocks that were plopped on top.

1) Those triangles things that are poking out, with the flat surface up... water will pool and seep under the tiles, roof leeks and rots the structure of your roof. Additionally, they're ugly. They also exist on the Founder Baron's house, but at least on the Founder Baron's house they're out over the overhangs, and clearly decorative and not functional... still ugly though.
    2) The impossible eves and overhangs with a Spanish tile roof. They're heavy and need support.
    3) The Vertical surface on the facing side of the hip-roof portion with the chimney.
    a) it will leak where it intersects the pitch of the pitch roof.
    b) You can't hang Spanish Tile on a vertical surface.
    4) On other non-pictured angles, you have flat roof surfaces intersecting the pitch of the roof which will be another leak.
    5) Spanish Tile on the horizontal surfaces of the Hip Roof sections. Spanish Tile is worse than useless on a horizontal surface. It will actually trap the water, protecting it from evaporation, and giving it even more opportunity to rot the sub structure.
    6) On the far side, there's a section where the two Hip roof sections meet forming a deep valley with a flat bottom and an impossible angle which is another leak point.
    7) It's just fugly.

Kaisa likes this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If he had no taste, didn't mind all his stuff getting wet, and his roof collapsing under its own weight.

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I dont care too much about architecture rules, I like the house, even if Im Spanish. :p

It can have some minor fixes, but that all.

15. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Only a small minority of people have the knowledge to appreciate realistic architecture, and so I think your points will be ignored, but nonetheless I support attention to detail at this level. Ideally, architects should be happy with the houses, chefs should be happy with the cooking system, ecologists should be happy with the climate and topography, and carpenters should be happy with the woodworking (of course the keyword here is ideally).
    I think the color you're looking for is Banana Cream. :)

Olahorand, Lord Baldrith and Eriador like this.
  16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Im surev that if we really care about the architecture rules the half of the houses in the game could fall.

17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I love this house. If I could have both this house and a large dark wizard tower, I would.

I'm very curious to see if they made good use of the space in the top floors of the house. The Founder Baron home is oddly constructed, imo, making almost no use of the attic area. This is a bit frustrating as it seems to me like a complete waste of good space.

I do however enjoy both the aesthetic look of the outside of both the benefactor and founder baron homes though. Well done!

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

So will the New Britannian DEA.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Many of them have minor flaws. For example, both the Knight's homes would really benefit from a roof over the stairwell. I don't like it, but I can ignore it, and I'll even have those houses and plan to live in one.

This one has many egregious flaws and it's unattractive on top of it. I'm glad I'm not a Benefactor Baron. Hopefully there are vanishingly few of them of them, and I can avoid seeing them in game.

20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Dude! Magic protects against all of that stuff. No need for your negativity!

Deliverence, Keira, The One and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.