Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Berserker's / Suicide Stance

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Tahru, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I think the rate at which this kills you is too rapid.

My experience is that they are drained very rapidly. So i am wondering a few things about this

1. If I am using a full auto-deck, this can be a fast death sentence because of how quickly you die if there is no stance to switch to.
    2. To use this, you must be over half heath to survive it, so the only use case I can see for it is start of fight burst damage. Any other thoughts on how to use it?

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm not a fan of this stance because of the way combat is designed.

If you're looking for MAX DPS, you would not want something that also damaged you. While the presumption is that whatever you're attacking is also damaging you. What you'd want is something that did SO MUCH DAMAGE that it mitigated whatever your opponent was doing to defend themselves while also out DPSing them.

Because the stance doesn't do that, you're forced to try to "time" your attacks. Latency and player movement make that "difficult" to say the least, and the end result is a stance that has great intentions but is not implemented the way it needs to be so that it has real value. My concern is that because of the core DPS backbone of the combat system, there's not a clean way to implement this stance without it being severely overpowered (like an "I win" button).

If however players had the ability to BLOCK attacks like this, then it would be more interesting because you could drop the health and focus drain and just prevent the attacker from blocking. You could also allow the defender to block and counter the stance. But this is moving away from the DPS model that we have now.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.