Black Friday Darkstarr Items.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

The Darkstarr Moondial and Metronome were supposed to be ...

*Exclusive Darkstarr Rewards are only available to Backers who pledged any amount by July 31, 2013*

So if they were "exclusive" and ONLY available to backers until July 31st, 2013, then why are they back in the Add-on store? Seems like Portalarium is going back on their word. Thoughts?......

2. High Baron O`Sullivan

Actually they do!

3. Liavain

Liavain Avatar

I pledged back in March, so theoretically I should already have them... but they are not listed on my account page.

I'm slightly bitter that I missed out on the Viking 50% off sale the first time due to errors, then decided to pledge at full price.
    Now the 50% off sale is back... *sighs*

On topic, I think they should make the ones for Early Backers look different.

smack, licemeat, Gunga Din and 2 others like this.
  4. High Baron O`Sullivan

Now that is an idea I have not heard yet. Well done.

Time Lord and smack like this.
  5. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I'm not personally peeved by the reemergernce of the DS items (because I really only pledged for a house and a few other goodies), but I am concerned with the contradiction outlined in the OP. It might make Port look bad and nobody wants that.

Time Lord, licemeat, Mishri and 2 others like this.
  6. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I am worried, because the video shows the unfinished moondial.
    We had a forum talk back then with at the end much cooler colors resulting out if it.
    I think to remember the stand beeing dark with little glowing stars and the planet system more bronze and golden

Dame Lori and more did great job and carragiswolf loved it. Search forums please.

Now we have the unfinished version showing up in the ad in store video?

7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

The interpretation of this could mean they are exclusively avaliable as part of a pledge before that day which is still true you can not get the dark starr items as part of any pledge now. Honestly if it gets SotA more money who cares? I say this simply because if they make more money they have more funds to make the game even more awesome if all my neighbors end up having a dark starr metronome I'm not really all that concerned there will be a ton of other items that are founder exclusives that only I'll have ie. cloak, shield, armor. You have to think how do these add-on store items benefit me? As opposed to how dare they try and make money without spending more time to make more items!

9. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

This interpretation is reasonable imo.
    This compromise is also reasonable.

I thought the community colored moondial looked much nicer than the original (no offense to the artists ofc), so if it could be added in some way, like as an early backer exclusive, then you could include both versions in the game (appeasing fans of both color schemes), and you could appease early backers who still don't buy into Link's interpretation, and you could continue to sell more moondials and please new supporters (and make more money). Everyone wins.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  10. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I have no problem with this idea either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

11. Retro

Retro Avatar

<Yoda voice>Matters it does not...</Yoda voice>

12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

It does matter to make an exclusive item... not exclusive... it's about the ability to trust the people you fund based on their promisses. I do not have a resolve just giving clarity to why it matters. I think the reskin someone else suggested would probably be the best idea.

OSullivan likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

Given that the items in the add-on store are exclusive in the store and only similar ones are being offered in-game later, they could extend this philosophy whenever doing these sorts of deals for exclusive pre-launch items and vary them in some way.

14. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

These are really great deals btw for those not sure! In particular, to get the moondial you have to pledge at citizen level, $500 (or now $550 for late comers).

With this offer you can drop $27 and get it in the store regardless of pledge level. If it is useful in game, sounds like it tells you when things are happening and when you can access a certain game area, then its probably well worth having and a steal to be able to get it regardless of pledge level for just $27!!

15. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

When you put it this way, it almost sounds like you can get the moondial at 95% off (which you kind of can, but it isn't accurate for me to say that the citizen's pledge is only about the moondial).

Time Lord likes this.
  16. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

right, you're getting a bunch of other stuff at citizen level. Its just that the only other way to get the moondial is to be at that $500 (or $550) pledge level. Whereas now, with this deal you can just pick it up for $27. Hard to resist that :) I'm assuming the thing will actually help in game.

Note that I watched the video on the store page and the sun looks like it moves way too fast. I don't think the day/night cycle is that quick. Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

It was pretty quick in Ultima V too :D

LoneStranger likes this.
  18. Floors

Floors Avatar

Probably for the same reasons they changed their tune on the lighthouses - it wasn't really thought through well during the KS.

Or maybe they thought they'd be able to raise as much as Star Citizen. I dunno

BillRoy likes this.
  19. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Can you provide a source for this whole lighthouse alteration? I hear this all the time but I've never heard anything about it from an official source.

Time Lord, Subotai and Commoner like this.
  20. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I think they should remove the Darkstarr items after the weekend is over. Then they still get some money during the weekend now, and at the same time limit the amount of those items in the wild, staying a bit true to the "exclusivity" of them.

OSullivan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.