Blade of the Avatar format issues

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Owlbear, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owlbear

Owlbear Avatar

I've finally started reading Blade of the Avatar, but the PDF format with image-based backgrounds renders incredibly badly when ported over to my (admittedly ancient) Kindle, and page scaling limitations mean that I'm either having to scroll around the page (not something the device does well) or squint at a version occupying just 3/4s of the screen.

I appreciate that a MOBI or EPUB version may have to sacrifice the background, but I'm one of many people who doesn't get on particularly well with reading on glowing screens. I've attempted conversion using Calibre and by extracting the text, but the formatting isn't retained properly.

This probably isn't the right forum for this, but I couldn't find anywhere for feedback that isn't release dependent. Mods: please move this thread if it should be elsewhere, and sorry!

Destroying Angel likes this.
  2. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Glad to see someone sharing my headache as well! I too, experiencing problem with porting BotA to Kindle and other mobile devices.

I believe you'll find some help in this post; https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/kindle-my-hearts-desire.19411/#post-341751

Personally, I tried to port PDF version into my iPhone5, and used multiple methods but none of the results were satisfactory. Now, I'm stuck with PDF version which is the original. If you find a way to successfully port it with any luck, please do share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.