Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blink is Tough to use

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The spell Blink has some obvious problems with it (see R13 Feedback for reference). But one more issue is that it's really tough to know if it will work on the surface you're attempting to use it on.

My recommendation is that if you're on a surface where Blink will work, the AOE circle will turn from red to green. The server should perform a check to see if the area is valid by pretending the caster has already cast the spell. If the character is still in the same location, that means the spell didn't work. ;) If the character is in the new location, that means it did (or would work when the caster actually pulls the trigger).

Maybe this would be too server intensive? But that's my recommendation. Please fix.

Tarsin likes this.
  2. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I might even like it if the nearest acceptable location is used, after casting, in addition to the circle glowing red. Go somewhere. Going no where sucks. All of the targeted ranged spells are entirely too sensitive.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, well said. The targeted ranged spells are way too cumbersome to use effectively and consistently. In comparison to the auto attack, auto lock skills and spells....there's really no comparison. I would like to find ways to improve all of the targeted skills and spells, but I think that would have to be done on a case by case basis.

Tarsin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.