Blood and Gore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by licemeat, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Fancy it up all you want, friend, it's still a cartoon on a 'tv' screen. The only difference is you get to controll the main character.
    And do I get to pick my role or will it be asigned to me by yourself or somonelse?

licemeat likes this.
  2. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

I wish there was a don't like button to posts...
    Besides, it sounds to me like I can choose full PvP and play in Felucca if I want…

As far as roleplaying goes.. I don't see why blood takes away from RPing…
    What if I want to play a murderer who proudly wears his finger necklace, instilling fear wherever I go.

You could curb this by adding a HUGE virtue hit for dismembering a body..

Also. Now that I think about it..
    I would LOVE to be able to use my field dressing skills to harvest some human organs for necromancy or rare potions.
    Again, with a huge cost to virtue.

As for the overprotective of kiddie types out there.. Just make a toggle for blood. Password protected if you're that worried.
    Blood in video games don't make kids violent. The world we live in does a decent job of that already.

End note:
    Nothing worse than ridiculous anime style cartoon blood. Also as lame, is hitting your opponent with a blade or weapon and seeing no blood at all.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I think that this would help resolve some of the negative personal attack posts. Sometimes the only way to publicly let someone know you disagree with their post is to type out a long winded response, when a simple "unlike" would have sufficed. Just a thought.

skinned, Lord Baldrith and Skalex like this.
  4. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

I bet some people would feel 'griefed' for being unliked tho :)

Lord Baldrith and OSullivan like this.
  5. High Baron O`Sullivan

But honestly, is "unliking" really griefing. I would say absolutely not. It is a way of expressing your opinion in a non confronting way.

Skalex and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Mixed feelings. I can easily see two people who don't seem to get along going out of their way to 'dislike' posts. For my part if I disagree then I would rather explain why whenever possible. Simple saying "I don't like it" is just not constructive. If I don't feel like I can make a case for my opinion then it's probably better to not say anything at all and let others handle the topic. (Not that I've ever felt like I couldn't back up my own opinions. ;))

licemeat and OSullivan like this.
  7. High Baron O`Sullivan

Aye mate, a valid point you have made.

8. Lethe Walpurga

Lethe Walpurga Avatar

Visable wounds or noticable blood trails from wounded mobs or opponents add game depth. The scene of a finishing move that impales or decapitates can also but it seems overused in a lot of games.

Excessive or the absence of any notable condition change are equally bad to me. The condition change should fit the scene / actions / type of change but not to the point that it seems gratuitous.

In the case of blood/gore, I don't want to see a pile of crap, intestines, bile and organs trying to be shoved back into a gut cavity by a wounded mob or opponent like some war movie or Kill Bill style blood spray.

I would like to see visible damage or wounds as someone or something becomes less than 100%. (damage to amor, pale face when sick or poisoned, visble wounds with blood when injured, dripping blood on ground when bleeding, mold on decaying food etc..)

I think there is a sweet zone where it provides useful game details (blood trail for tracking/visible wounds) and adds excitement to the combat (the finishing move chops off the limb), without being OTT.

Lord Baldrith, Count Napoli and rild like this.
  9. Lebowski

Lebowski Avatar

BLOOD!

licemeat likes this.
  10. Rikster

Rikster Avatar

I'd have to be in the "not much at all" camp. There are too many games that over do the blood and gore and in my mind it just ends up looking silly.

11. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

May the clouds rain blood in New Britannia.

12. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

[​IMG]

Tis but a scratch!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.