Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blood River Outskirts: Vigilantes and Vertas elves

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Browncoat Jayson, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So I've noticed something distressing in the Blood River Outskirts.

The elves of Blood River are the were attacked, who are needing aid, and who (most) players are helping out during this introductory scene.

The vigilantes are obvious in their intention; they are taking matters into their own hands, even when its their leader who instigated the problems to begin with.

Then, as you wander the scene, you run into Vertas elves. These elves are angry at humans who would dare to attack any elf, and jump at the chance to attack players. I can understand their reason for being here. However... this sets up new players to see Vertas elves as combatants first, a threat, yet by the time you reach Vertas that is really not the case. By the time we were done in Blood River, my son thought the Blood River elves were the "good elves" and the Vertas ones were the "evil elves". Even after I explained that it wasnt that simple, he had no interest in going near their town.

Perhaps this just needs a change of name. The "Vertas elf" here could just as easily be "Vertas avenger", and imply that they are not the typical resident of the town.

2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

FWIW I don't see any real difference so long as Vertas remains in their name. It's still an elf. It's still a Vertas elf. I personally wouldn't draw much of a distinction between the two and would likely make the same assumption your son did even with the name change. If you just called them Elven Avengers... Then the Vertas connotation is obviously gone and we have what we're ultimately I think looking for here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.