Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Books and Bookshelves

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have a lot of trouble getting books into bookshelves without making them appear as if I have a nervous system problem. (read: they're all crooked)

Would it be possible to have bookshelves work something like the Printing Press....you put a bunch of books into it and it automatically puts them on the shelf nice and neat? :)

Also, I can't get many of the books to lay flat. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? Q and E do not seem to do the trick.

[​IMG]

2. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i second this especially for those of us that want to create libraries it will be a tremendous amount of time. a possible easy solution to this and keep the game the way it is could be create a book shelf with a new name that is craftable that is called something slightly different where books automatically cover and align in the shelves could cost a lot more to make in materials etc. would be cool if they put things in alphabetical order as well but lets not get to carried away

margaritte likes this.
  3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Yes, this needs to happen! I've been spending a little bit of time each day "shelving" books in my home. I want a nice library, but getting the books just so is taking forever. I'd like it better if it worked like a cabinet or trunk where the books would just sort themselves and look nice.

4. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i have back burned it for now... gpomg to wait to closer to launch to start trying that out as the changes will probably be quite large before we get to see how it will work

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it is understandable reasoning, I do get the idea, but I am leary of interferring with interactives to make it easier for us. I want to be able to place many items in the world and be creative. I don't want to remove ability to interract with items, so I agree to the placement UI being improved on as a fix, but am leary about taking away our need to place items one by one. So just another take on the subject;)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Awhile back I recall suggesting something similar. You open the book case like a container and have it auto-place all the books for you. You could still just grab the book off the shelf. Apply the same kind of tech to display stands and the like and you'd have two ways to place items.. by hand or auto-placement.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You use the 'r' key. It was in the player instructions for R19.

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

YES! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.