Bot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spainchaud, May 25, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

I was in an ERG group where all but 3 players were on the post. No one is on the pad, so we lose the control point. I quickly step back on, but the mobs stop coming for several minutes. All that time *edit* is just happily shooting at nothing from the top of the post. Looks like now we can get our XP without being at the keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Probably best not to call out players on the forum. If you have issues with someone, use /report in-game or send an email to support@portalarium.com and the devs can investigate.

Rentier, Anpu, Elrond and 2 others like this.
  3. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

Been a known issue for awhile now with many exploiters doing it and defending their actions with "if the game were more fun we wouldn't have to resort to this stuff!". Your best bet is to just report the player and see if anything happens.

4. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

Sounds a lot like "if this stuff was cheaper i wouldnt have to steal it" :D

Violet Ronso and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll mention the "post" in chat today -- looks like they missed a perching spot. Anyone got a screenshot of the post in question?

7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

One day we will have more logic for the Ai so that there is a check to see if the person can be reached if not than have that persons dmg nulled.... we did have that once before which worked well but not sure why it was removed :)
    it was in when they had the obsidian destroyer put in.

Mhtic likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It isn't only about a perching spot, it is about players who make sure the group is big enough to not have to pay attention to the game at all and simply bot their way through ERG for 12+ hours a day

Mhtic likes this.
  9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Almost 2 years ago - people were standing on rocks and killing unicorns without them being able to get hit - after this change they got a new special attack to launch a boulder at people trying this :)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../release-58-instructions.142800/#post-1154649

Combat: We made major updates to combat including adding Wyverns, new store weapons, and closing a major loophole related to out-of reach enemies.
    • Out-of-Reach Enemies: When a player is unreachable by an enemy NPC (due to navigation mesh issues) damage from that player gets marked as invalid. This will show in the player’s chat log as "out of reach." If the player remains unreachable for an extended amount of time, the enemy NPC will leash back to their spawn point. We applied this same change to taming so enemies cannot be tamed if they cannot reach the player. This change will close some loopholes that would allow players to hit enemies for extended periods without taking any damage.

Mhtic likes this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

As to bots, its simple having a good group leader kick those that are not responsive is always a good way to push them out. you can also report them. I have even
    yep that code.. it use to work really well. not sure what has changed.. perhaps the tanks keep the mobs on them prevents that code from working. in which case a behind scene check on all incoming damage and if mob can reach = good other wise null the damage from places that would be false/bad. that way its checking every incoming attack where its from. more calculations but simple way around it.

11. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Drop them from the loot roll and any xp gain whilst in the unreachable / inactive state as well, squash leeches with the same stone.

Mhtic, Witcheypoo, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  12. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

now there is an idea! only downside damage needs to = none still or multiboxers will still have advantage.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  13. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

You should call the names. I`m tired of the **** then Atos call that someone is broke the rules but even GM cant call names. If you think that those guys are bots, say the name. Even if you dont want to, whisper me i will pay you 300k you will call the names and I will post them here.

Fetid SirDidy, Mhtic and Violet Ronso like this.
  14. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Just report using private methods such as the in-game report feature or support@portalarium.com please. It'd be best not to defame players publicly especially if there's a mistake that someone wasn't actually botting. I might be able to educate myself on this stuff soon time permitting and help the team dealing with bots. I'll look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.