Broken quests I experienced during my last play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimsley, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Ive not played SotA since october i think, 2018. Reason was I had a log full of quests that I couldnt complete for whatever reason. Off the top of my head I dont know what they were but if the quest remains in my book and if there have been patches that maybe addressed these broken mechanics, will I need to remove the quest from my log ? I thought there was a way to wipe quests and redo them, but ive not completed the main story arch and dont really want to redo anything.

i guess what im asking is questing in this game still majorly broken, or have they made improvements on them since 2018?

Sonja likes this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Both? Many improvements that majorly broke some important things. Two steps forward, two or more steps back?

Sonja and Grimsley like this.
  3. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

I just saw release 65 hasnt gone live yet, for some reason i thought it had weeks ago. I suppose I'll check back then

4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I completed the main quest in summer 2018 and, despite some frustration, only encountered a few side quests that were broken. Some of those have been fixed. Every player has different experiences.

I suggest you give it another go. Your existing and broken quests may remain broken if the quest is not restarted in its fixed state (purely conjecture here), so, if a quest remains broken for you, I suggest asking either on the forums or contacting a hospitaller on discord.

If you can't get past it, report the bug.

Good luck out there, and welcome back to New Britannia :)

Daigoji Gai and Sonja like this.
  5. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

They did fix the Soltown quest that kept me from moving that one forward. As I see, some get fixed, but some are still broke. the past few releases seem to make things a little better but then other things pop up.

Sonja likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Grimsley Well we have lots of improvements to the game. One is our global chat system called universe chat. If you purchased the game you will have a universe chat orb to keep in your inventory so as you're questing if you are stuck just ask away. Also sannio is doing quests now and he is very good at responding.

Other notable things we've gotten that have made a huge difference is teleport to zone which marks your locations as you visit, even a mine. It also gives a description of what's in scenes. It is very cool and important to this broken up world. Kind of like the Mark and rune system from UO even if not as cool it is still very cool.

Also decay is gone. Yay finally now if ransom would go too I would be even happier. We need better reasons to pvp imo.

We got a mail system which is very cool also as you can send almost anything even gold by mail. It is wonderful for the trade system in game which we also got a trade chat which is /t command and it is to your benefit to have multiple windows dragged out. So you can state you have something for sale in the trade window, get a buyer, and then mail the item to them and they send you the gold. I've never had a scammer on it. Lots of fantastic honest players we have. Also we did get looking for group which is alt f command to join or start a group.

Another thing is everyone gets 2 free deeds now from doing an outskirts quests line and yes we do have 3 outskirts now if you hadn't seen them. These deeds are taxed nontradeable and upgradeable as are all deeds now by right clicking them. Taxes were cut in half on all sizes. A row costs 250 and you get 500 from the Oracle per day so that covers your expenses for that. I have written a book and placed it by our Oracle in wizards rest on how to answer questions if the Oracle isn't working for you.

Also Chris aka atos in game streams almost daily and gives out great prizes so if you don't watch him you are missing out. He also does game fixes quite often during his stream. So if something has been bugging you for a while type !question and your question during his stream to ask him about it. But be nice he's working on his own time for us.

So lots of fixes, changes too numerous to mention but these are a few. Anyway I'm Majoria in the game if I can help. You could be surprised at what's happened in the last few months

And we are having a deco contest that 1st prize gives a player town Holdfast size and town deed but hurry to get in. It's almost full.

edited correct the Player owned town size you would get from winning the contest.

Also since this is release day we have gotten the ability to resize many objects and it is really very nice. So to resize while holding the item before placing hold down the alt key with either z or x for larger or smaller. It is amazing what didn't quite fit that will fit even better. so this is a definite quality of life feature that was asked for and given.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Sonja likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If you do have a quest issue, right click on the Task in your task list and report it from there. That will be a big help.

I think a lot of the bugs have been ironed out though.

Sonja and majoria70 like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When you say you couldn’t complete a quest, are you talking about the blue sparkles that are on your compass?

Or are there actual jounal entries in your book you can’t complete?

Daigoji Gai, majoria70 and Sonja like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.