Broken weapon/armor icon

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Quenton, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I like to use my equipment till it breaks completely, then sell it off and buy new stuff.

But both the "warning" icon and the "broken" icons are a bit too similar, and while you're in combat it's too easy not to notice that your weapon has broken.

Can we get a red circle instead of a blue circle around the broken icons? Just to differentiate between the two more clearly. Or something that stands out. Even an annoying blinking icon maybe (pardon the blasphemy).

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I personally think it will be easy not to notice it no matter what they do. The only sure way to make the players notice what's happening is by making broken things unequippable.

If they're going with the icons, though, it would also be helpful if we have icons distinguishing what piece of armor is broken and what equipped item is broken. Right now, whether your sword or your shield is broken you get the same icon, an icon of a sword; and the icon of a shield doesn't show you your shield is broken, but some random piece of armor, which you have to investigate to find out which.

3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Fair enough but even if it's not easy to notice, better to make it easier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.