Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bug #:59955 still not fixed. Town Crier doesn't give mail package to Brittany Estates

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Jay Nord, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...kage-to-brittany-estates.128357/#post-1057429

This is still not fixed. It happened to me again today in Broochash when I requested Regional mail and the town crier said he gave me a Mail Package for Brittany Estates, but the yellow text You received an item (Mail Package for Brittany Estates) never appeared and the package was not in my inventory. I was able to do "lost my mail" to reset it, but unless that's also been fixed, I dread having this fail on me again and needing to get support to reset my character.

Would it help to change the code to do mail in the order of:

1. Give the player the requested local or regional Mail Package.
    2. Check the player's inventory for said Mail Package.
    2a. If the package is not found, GIVE THE PLAYER THE MAIL PACKAGE. Repeat step 2.
    2b. If the package is found, flag the character as having mail, and the town crier gives the player the "Here you go!" message.

Currently, the player seems to be flagged as having mail BEFORE being given the mail package.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63574

@Jay Nord Can you confirm this is still happening to you? I want to make sure this isn't a case of the package appearing when you changes scenes as sometimes happens.

3. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

@Sannio It hasn't happened again since my Dec 23 report, and I've gotten a lot of Brit Estates deliveries since then.

If it does happen again, I will try leaving the scene, see if it appears on overland, and if not, go into a different scene and see if it appears. I've been stuck like that for weeks before, so I don't hold out hope that a scene change will make the mail appear, but I'll try it :)

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the update! Hopefully it's solved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.