Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Town Crier doesn't give mail package to Brittany Estates

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Jay Nord, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

1. Title: The town crier in Owl's Head didn't give me a regional mail package for Brittany Estates
    2. Reproduction Rate: Random
    3. Blocker? Yes, can no longer take mail delivery quests because "lost mail" is also whacked.
    4. Details: I took local mail from Kingsport to Owl's Head, then took a regional delivery to Brittany Estates. I then took another local mail from Kingsport to Owl's Head, and then when I asked for regional mail again, the town crier said he gave me mail for Brittany Estates, but there was no yellow text saying "You received an item (Mail Package For Brittany Estates) from Virgil Gates" and I did not get the mail package in my inventory.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Unknown. This has been reported in the previous two releases with local mail deliveries to Brittany Estates. This is the first time I've had the issue with a regional delivery to Brittany Estates. Recommend QA tries this same circuit I did to reproduce.
    The other issue with this is that as far as I can tell, there is no way to lose your mail package. You cannot trade them or vendor them. The only reason I've had to use the "lost mail" command with a town crier is when they never gave me mail in the first place, or when the crier doesn't recognize that I have mail for them. If they clear your mail status and it happens again, they tell you to come back next month, which should be 28 hours of real time. But if customer support doesn't manually reset my character, I can't use "lost mail" again until the next release and server reboot which is weeks away now. These occasional mail delivery glitches would be a lot more palatable if I could self-correct them in 28 hours.

So if anyone in support is reading this, please clear my character for me - I should already have 2 open support tickets asking for this to be done that have not been responded to.

2. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

I don't know if someone did something, but "I lost my mail" worked just now to reset me so I can take deliveries again. It's been about 6 days since the crier didn't give me the package for Brittany Estates.

Please, please fix/reduce the lost mail timer. We should not be punished for the criers mistakes!

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #:59955, thank you - and sorry for the issues.
    @Jay Nord

Jay Nord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.