butchery

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by DalTXColtsFan, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Where do I find butchery recipes, like making a salmon fillet out of a salmon or "processing" bear, obisidian stag, wolf, obsidian wolf et al carcasses?

And, in normal towns like Owl's Head or Ardoris (if there is a general answer), where do I find cooking and/or butchery stations?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there are dedicated cooking shops/merchants. there are even pot ones that can be placed, though they don't have some of the higher-end butchery. i would look in aerie in the circle of shops near the castle. here's a full list

generally if they're not at the main pavilion they're in places nearby that have need to cook, like inns/taverns. in owl's head, there's cooking and butchery on the second floor of the guild hall, oddly.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also other players can share teachable and reteachable recipes. I am happy to do this so it saves new players cash. Some recipe's of course are not teachable but need to be found in chests, on mobs or purchased from merchants or other player's selling on their vendors who have found them.

I really didn't want recipes to go into the loot system but alas a portion of them sadly did. I would have much prefered we learned them from advancing our skills but it is spilt milk ATM.

Hit me up if you want me to teach you recipes. It takes 20 to 30 minutes so just an FYI. I'm Majoria in game. You can pm me here or send a mail message in game if you don't see me. It is my pleasure to help.

Wilfred likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, they can be stupid hard to find until you figure it out. Usually back rooms or second level of inns.

Alternatively, it's pretty common for POT governors to put in a central crafting area with all the stations. And usually they're the fancy ones that give a +5 bonus.

5. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

That seems to be a list of places where you can buy the recipe for butter, which is a cooking item - I was looking for a place to buy recipes that require a butchery station and the butchering skill. Does that help?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the butchery recipes are on cooking recipe merchants. looking for the butter recipe is a good way to find cooking recipe merchants.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There's no longer any butchery recipes. All players have a default process (animal type) recipe in the butchering recipe book. You place any kind of animal meat on the butchering station, and as long as you have the required butchery skill as stated for each animal type, you then can butcher any carcass's.

Like to butcher ANY Bear carcass, you will need a butchery skill of 30 as stated for Process Bear.

IF you have multiple different TYPES of bear carcasses in your inventory, it will default to the lower level ones: If you have 1 Bear Carcass and 1 Obsidian Bear Carcass clicking on Process Bear will pull the Bear Carcass FIRST. After you process the Bear Carcass, clicking on Process Bear will now pull up the Obsidian Bear Carcass etc...

EDIT: The Wiki is now out of date on butchery recipes...

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.