Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Buying items at vendor in Desolis "Recalled" without doing anything

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by SabeSr, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I'm standing there at vendor buying new harvesting axe and sickle and pickaxe all of a sudden game recalls me to Brekken Bay (the place where my recall scrolls send me to and where my house is) not sure if it sent me to zone border or to my house as I'm still waiting for it to load screen (sitting at 100% right now)

2. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Kharl Clauth was vendor I was buying from...

It sent me to my house as if I had recalled... I don't remember how many scrolls I had and it doesn't show in chat text if I used a scroll (should add a text notice saying you've recalled via scroll)

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Have you been able to reproduce this issue since it was first observed? We're unable to get it to occur internally. Is it possible a stray input was hit that would have triggered your recall?

4. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I was in buy from vendor screen... I will return to that vendor right now and plug away at him see if I can reproduce it, I will also see if it uses up a recall scroll in case It happens again. I will do best to do exactly what I did before... I was purchasing harvesting tools to replace broken ones. It never purchased the cleavers I had in my buy menu. I'll be back in a bit to let you know.

5. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I think I know why it happened now...

Cleavers are not stacked like the other crafting tools in the vendors for sale list... it only has one for sale... I was buying in two's for everything I was out of, like pick axe and harvesting axe which all have a quantity of (10) what I was doing was selecting each item and hitting the number 2 to buy two of them... the number 2 is also the slot I have my recall scrolls in... so I'm guessing I didn't see the recalling cast bar popup under the vendors screen. When I clicked on the cleaver it just put it into my buying list without giving me the popup to select quantity to purchase.

This is my mistake I believe 99%

Maybe adjust the cleavers to have (10) available to purchase like other crafting/harvesting tools for purchase... OR disable our noncombat bar during vendor screen purchasing? Or have the recall casting bar show a little larger and override any screens you have up at the time, if its your intent to recall there is no reason it can't be blaring (or even flashing) in your face that you are about to recall away unless you cancel before the casting completes.

Solution to it happening to someone else in future is up to you, I won't repeat mistake myself again.

Sorry for reporting a non bug... more of an inconvenience for someone not paying attention to exactly what they are doing.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

NP. Glad we found the issue and will look into the feedback. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.