Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Elven Streetlamp Not Overwriting Taught recipe with Original Recipe

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

6/10/2018 10:40 AM
    Title: Elven Streetlamp Not Overwriting Taught recipe with Original Recipe
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Y
    Details: Elven streetlamp was taught to me, then I found a dropped recipe and attempted to relearn it so it was teachable and it will not allow an overwrite.
    Steps to Reproduce: Learn a recipe from another player and then use a dropped recipe to attempt to replace it.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32638
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.791.Date.06.06.18
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (12.4, 38.6, 62.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDEyLjM5LCAzOC42MjgsIDYyLjc1NSl8KDAsIC0wLjMwMSwgMCwgMC45NTQpfC01LjE2OTM3NHw0Ni44ODMzN3wzLjYzMjI3NA==

Applerust likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, this has always been the case. Recipes have not been implemented in a way that they will allow overrides of one another. If you learn one version, that is the version you keep. If you try to eat the recipe later (versus learning it from another) it detects you have already learned the recipe. What you are requesting is an enhancement, building on the current design. But it's a great quality of life suggestion however :)
    @Zeddicus Zorander

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't think this is true, at least not always. I've "upgraded" at least two recipes to be teachable by purchasing them from a vendor after learning them from another player. Is this something that has changed?

Rentier and Applerust like this.
  4. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Lexie I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. The recipe you pick up that is re-teachable is suppose to overwrite the inferior taught recipe. I have overwritten taught recipes with the originals several times in the past. You might want to double check with whomever programs that feature of recipes.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

can confirm that player taught recipes (not re-teachable ones) can be teachable for me again after finding the recipes in loot(or buying them from vendors) and using them

reteachables taught by other players get reteachable again after the first crafting ....

Applerust likes this.
  6. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

@Lexie Please reconsider this 'feature' I believe as the other folks above have stated that inferior recipes are rewritable. Ether ALL of the other recipes are broken or you are incorrect.. Please please don't take this as an insult but you should know how the game works. I understand mistakes are made we're all only human but as a kind suggestion if you don't play as a non-GM character you might want to consider it. Again no insult intended!

Mishikal likes this.
  7. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

It would be nice to learn the recipes I’ve looted (and was taught before) so that they become re-teachable instead of teachable and I can share them with others. These new elven lamp/chandelier/sconce and Kobold chandelier recipes drop in pretty tough areas like the Rise and Sanctus Spine control point, respectively. Please reward the players who spent some time grinding these areas for these rare loot recipes with the ability to re-learn the recipes. Thank you.

Mishikal and Applerust like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.