Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can we get a bump in stats for the Founder gear?

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by PeteWi The Disoriented, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

Can the stats for the Founder armor and weapons be bumped up a little. It's a darn shame to have armor that is listed as Founder that is of lesser value than what we can buy from the local Blacksmith. It basically means the Founder pieces will only be used for the fist few days or less and shoved aside never to be seen again. That is a shame since I'm sure most of us want to use them for longer than that.

It also seems like the Founder armor shouldn't have the same Fizzle penalties as regular armor. As it stand, this "starter" armor is truly basic and will be thrown away at the first opportunity. Since it was purchased with real money, I had hoped it would be better than items you can purchase.

Caladhan and Duke Olahorand like this.
  2. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I can see where you're coming from but I'm worried that if they do this, pay to win charges float around.

3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

4. PeteWi The Disoriented

PeteWi The Disoriented Avatar

Yes true, I don't want Pay to Win either. I would like to see them on par so there is a reason to wear them. Founder Cloth should be at least as good or better than the cloth you buy and it really isn't so why would a Founder actually keep and wear it? Maybe the durability would be better? Light source?

Just something that makes it worthwhile. Right now they're pretty much rubbish. Like I said, would just be a real shame to see all the Founder items get thrown in the chest or the bank never to see the light of day after 2 or 3 days....

5. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I think people will wear them to special events. I don't know.

I'd like for them to be indestructible though.

6. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I think Founder starter armor should at least have the same stats as other Founder armor. It doesn't take long to find/buy augmented which beats it but that's fine. I'd also like to see stretch goal armor/equipment have non-zero stats.

I know there was resistance to skins, being able to enhance Founder or Stretch goal armor to be comparable to what can be easily obtained in-game. I like the look of say, elven armor, but you can't adventure in it. I'd wear sub-par for the looks/differentiation but atm it's non-functional.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  7. mike11

mike11 Avatar

I would be more happy if they were much more durable - and cheaper to repair!

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Both founder and store equipment (armor, weapons) should last longer as currently and should be able to grow.
    Maybe if I click a founder shield, select Enhance from context menu and target another shield in my possession the other shield will be consumed in the process and the founder shield gets its stats minus either a property or a percentage of stats between 0 and something lost in transmission. This would overcome the pay to win (you already have to have the newer item first) but keep the founder armor as a viable option to use every day and present it proudly still in 3 years or so. Also could be limited per item to 1 time per month or so.
    Another interesting option would be kind of self repair over time, so each day not destroyed further could add some percentage of durability back.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Heradite and High Baron Asguard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.