Can we get an update on the progress of the Uderground Biome?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am just curious if you guys have worked on the Undergeround biome yet. I find myself lacking for trying to get any idea of a layout for my town when I do not have the slightest clue of what It will look like. Will it be cavernous? Will it be lava tubes? I am just curious and understand that you are busy. *bows out humbly*

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

@DarkStarr , @Chris. Can I get a response to this please. While everyone else who has above ground templates are planning and doing events with their towns I still have no idea what to expect for mine. Throw me a bone already! :D

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm really excited to see what these are going to look like.......one of my linking PoTs (Illusive Cavern) will be underground :)

Jivalax Azon and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We haven't started work on these so we haven't been providing details. The general plan is that we will create big giant caverns for the underground biome. The simplest way to imagine it is to think of the cavern floor as terrain with all the height variations you see now but instead of grass texture you see mostly stone. Flora is stalagmites, mushrooms, pool, etc. (versus trees and grasses). The "sky" is the roof of the cavern. We want to be able to do multi-room templates for PoTs using the underground so imagine one giant room with smaller rooms connected (but all rooms big enough to place multiple player homes.

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Thank you, that sounds just like what I would want. :) I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.

Atogrim, Jack Knyfe and Moonshadow like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Love this...one thing I was hoping for was lots of (non-home) tunnels on the outside perimeter of the larger areas. Think of it like the Castle Arena Basement! You have this huge arena surrounded by outer rim hallways and rooms. This provides a sense of scope and depth to the scene, imo. I think the same thing should apply to the Underground POT template. A potential benefit would be underground POTs that are connected to each other would have some travel distance using narrow tunnels to give that same sense of scope and depth.

I hope this makes sense.

7. Hardin Steele

Hardin Steele Avatar

Hopefully there will also be Flintstone looking housing by the time these biomes are available, and the character generator can make sufficiently short and stout models to simulate Dwarves. I long for a Dwarf here but know the lore does not include them. A short but stout human with heavy beard, or similarly shaped female model (without beard!) will suffice. And for the underground biomes, maybe enough to get some of my Dwarven friends to join up.

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I think they are going to start work on them soon. :) Yes, dwarves are good, even though they taste funny unless you baste them for a couple days in brine. :p

9. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

Keep in mind, there isn't any....lore...here...yet. But based on the original games, Elves and Gargoyles and Bobbits (Boy is that even better today!) where the ones I remembered.

Let's get those stretch goals knocked out!

Where's my lotto ticket.....

Atogrim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.