Can we make [ NEW FLAGS ]?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Saladid, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saladid

Saladid Avatar

Ok so iv been thinking about this one awhile now and i think it would work with good old karma / virtue system.

Good old none flagged player that do not want to fight.

[DA] a player that is a daring adventurer. Willing to take a risk out in the wild to get that bonus XP in multi!

[PK] a player that is down right evil gone into negative karma virtue fights anyone and everyone he sees.

[KoV] Knight of Valor a player that has taken a vow in a town/city (at oracle) to fight only [PK] people and will not go after [DA]

2nd:

[DA] can turn [PK] or [KoV] based on if he wants to kill every other [DA] he sees or if he wants to take up the fight vs [PK]

[KoV] can go back to [DA] at oracle if he no longer wants to fight [PK]
    [KoV] can also go [PK] by killing enough [DA]

[PK] can go back to [DA] only by killing large amounts of other [PK] to prove he means to be virtuous

REASONS REWARDS to have these flag:

no flag your safe! your reward is not being paranoid of being ganked where ever you are.

[DA] the good old bonus XP alrdy in game

[KoV] the good old bonus XP, and when defeating a [PK] slightly higher bounty loot if paid by [PK]

[PK] the good old bonus XP, you do it for the love of blood you get no bonus! you are not aloud in towns or the great city. [PK] flagged towns are your home. You chose your life of evil but you love it!

WHY THIS SYSTEM

Just like any world even our own RL we are lucky that good always seems to be the brighter side. we also know innocents are caught in the middle. I feel this system would would make PvP have much more interesting player interactions and i would like to see all those areas of grey in between.

Right now we just have a system that is just fight or no fight which to me is not exciting and not much internal conflict which I know @Lord British loves when you have an internal conflict and how you would deal with said situation.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

the UO system was working very well (years of tests)... but seems that no-one on portalarium have played (for really) UO...

on the actual game the PVP flag mean: I KILL EVERYTHING IS MOVING BECAUSE ANYONE CAN KILL ME.

on a scene-based game it's not possible to make players BLUE or RED... because when entering in a scene you have 90% to be killed by some random guy waiting to take some (nice) stuff from loot.

BLU-RED works only when there is a "DIVIDER" on scenes... (like guards on Ultima online Bridges)

i asked last year to make an "oracle satellite" that can ZAP players (an electrical stun?) that make first attack on NON PVP zones. this make PVP players can play together on the same scene without any aggression.

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Not a bad idea. Because I'm always flagged as PVP I scare people away because I'm RED but I don't attack people unless they attack first or have attacked me first.

This leads to some weird moments where I'm wondering if someone has auto attack on and is accidentally attacking me or weird standoffs where both players have no idea the virtue of the other flagged player.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I believe they're planning to add some flag to people who steal, something like UO's criminal flag, so we're not done yet.

I would not make this too complicated, though :D Guilds badges will also speak as flags. There may be a 'Knights of Valor' guild for instance that you could join and everyone will know what they're about. I think if we were to build some type of justice system and factions/alliances around it, it could work towards this end too, like I describe in my thread.

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.