Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cancelled bug while crafting is still there

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by jiirc, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

1.Title: Cancelled bug while crafting is still there
    2.Reproduction Rate: Intermittent
    3.Blocker? No
    4.Details: While salvaging I noticed that from time to time the salvaging batch would be cancelled. While it might happen on the second item like before, it might happen after that as well. I could go multiple salvage batches before it would appear.
    5.Steps to Reproduce:
    - no consistency found in when it happens
    - place a bunch of stuff to salvage on the table (saw the issue with both carpentry and blacksmithing salvaging)
    - salvage the items
    6.User Specs: 395

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are working to reproduce this issue for salvaging. If possible, could you elaborate on which recipes and items you were salvaging? Were you salvaging multiple different items at the same time? Mixing it up? Or were they all the same item, like a stack of 15 daggers?

Any additional details would help us immensely. Thanks.

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

no recipes, I was salvaging. :)

Ok getting serious now. I was salvaging lesser wands by themselves, lesser wands and long bows mixed. plus probably some others. Based on the salvaging speed I would say that the issue that happened with crafting is also showing up here. The speed it takes to salvage an item is a matter of a second then it goes on to the next one. When I go to craft something the crafting process is greatly slowed down now, it takes a lot longer than it used to. So for example if I'm crafting an ingot or scrolls or sacks or other things it takes a few seconds to get the items onto the table. Then when you click craft, the crafting display shows up. Then it takes another 3 or 4 or more seconds sitting there, possibly with the Success text showing (I'm going from memory here). Then it goes on to the next one. When salvaging, moving to the next one to salvage is almost instantaneous (much like crafting was on QA). It almost seems like it's being cancelled because the items resulting from salvage aren't being moved out fast enough (just like the issue that was found in crafting on QA).

The complicating issue is that I could put either a mix of items (wands and bows or wands and staves) or all of one item (all wands and salvage or all long bows and salvage) and it would work one time without getting the error or it could fail the next time. During these attempts I was salvaging lesser wands, lesser staves, long bows, and triangle shields.

4. Doschl

Doschl Avatar

i was salvaeging 5 short swords ..... canceld after 2 other times after one...

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted. Thanks for reporting!

6. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the report :). I have applied a fix that will be available in the next patch.

Dorham Isycle likes this.
  7. Lace

Lace Avatar

What I see happening on the Cancelled bug is that the metal scrap or the wood scrap that you have in your inventory goes to a red highlight ... I have seen this happen on fuels when crafting. Like taking it from the table back to inventory, and something goes wrong with the incremental counter.

Logging out and back in will fix it, but then if you start salvaging and after a long run ... the scrap again goes to a red highlight color in inventory .. and you have to relog again that is as of patch 396

@GingerLoaf , @Attenwood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.