Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot relearn recipes already known, so cannot teach

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Anna, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna

Anna Avatar

It states in the release notes that in order to teach a recipe that you already know, you need to purchase the recipe. I assumed this meant that you could then learn the recipe in the usual way, and then it would become teachable. However, you cannot learn from the recipe since you already know it. Apparently this means you will never be able to teach a recipe that you discovered previously. Is this the intent? Or should it be that if you buy a recipe and you are flagged for not having learned the item from a recipe that you be allowed to learn that recipe in the normal way (buy it and use it).

2. Lace

Lace Avatar

I actually looked at this as of patch 421 and recipes I had bought or "discovered" were teachable or re-teachable with few exceptions I need to post on a bug form. I actually taught another player to verify this.

Around patch 420 or so you could see the reteachable or teachable notation in your recipe book. Not sure what revision you were on when you posted this.

I think they may have backed off on making us spend hundreds of thousands of gold just for the priveledge of teaching aka giving away recipes we already knew. Maybe someone can confirm this? By this I mean if it was in our book we can still teach or reteach the recipe and not have to buy another copy just to be able to teach or reteach.

3. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

A patch will go live later today, The teach-ability of the recipe that will be granted when the recipe item is consumed should be displayed in the item name/tooltip.

Cheers,
    Julyn

Gaelis likes this.
  4. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

I'd like to state the following addendum:

I have learned recipes from recipes I have bought in R35, which state they are Teachable in R36. However, now in R36 I cannot teach these.

So, I reckoned I may have had to learn the recipe again for it to become teachable for me, but I cannot learn a recipe that I already know. I then gave this recipe item to a friend and he has learned it, and now he can teach it (so it is in fact teachable).

In other words: Knowing a recipe blocks you from learning it as Teachable (as the subject of this thread says).

1. I don't think it should cause players to spend even more cash on a recipe they already had bought in the first place (even if it was before R36).
    2. It should be possible for players to learn a recipe once again if they did not yet have the Re-Teachable or Teachable flag in their Recipe Book.

Thanks for checking into this, hope this helps with the bug/programming challenge :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.