1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Carapacian Chest I made in r53...

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Sorthious, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Was able to make this Carapacian Chest piece with only one failure...

[​IMG]

2. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Congrats?

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Not sure this OP belongs in the feedback forum, but NICE! That is spectacular.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

It's basically me saying that I'm happy with the changes to the crafting system. Does that count as feedback? Given that, I do hope this is a fairly rare occurance, as it would flood the game with high end gear and ruin the economy for crafters.

5. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

What are you crafting levels and how many attempts did it take to make it?

6. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Unfortunately I suspect that this will NOT be a rare occurrence. There are many, myself included, that have hesitated to do the 3rd enchant or masterwork due to the loss of such a high percentage of attempts. Now many will not only try the third of each, but if successful will give it a shot at a 4th enchant or masterwork. We'll be seeing a significant increase in +9 to +12 gear I expect.
    ps. I congratulate you. Nice chest piece.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It would seem the + value of gear is calculated differently now. I've been using a +1 bow for ages now.. without doing any work on it it's suddenly a +3. My armor ratings have also gone up.

Sorthious likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

i'm seeing +1 and +2 on standard loot drops like bandit spears

Sorthious likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

yeah I have some non-exceptional crafted chest pieces that I was going to use for masterwork/enchanting fodder that I haven't touched yet that are suddenly all +3.

Sorthious likes this.
  10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

102 MW, 107 MW Cloth. 4 Successful MW's(one failure), 3 Successful Enchants.

I was doing 3rd and 4th Enchants/MW's in past, but then there was some change that made like 80%+ of 3rd attempts in either MW/Enchant failures. Before the change I was, rarely, able to get 3 of each and even more rare a 4th in one or the other. Most of the new high-end items I'm making are, however, low durability, which is fine by me. I think the new way of doing this might need some other way to inhibit massive amounts of high-end gear. If not, this could drastically affect the sales of crafters. If a person can make 20 high-end items with only 20Dur, those items will last them a long time before they need to make/buy more. Basically, there needs to be a way to preserve the rarity of good gear.

11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

That makes much more sense. I didn't think you could have a +18 something be over 100 max durability... Must be a bug. Beautiful chest piece regardless!

12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's 7 successful MW/Enchant, one must have been durability I assume. That normally would have been a +14? assuming the item wasn't originally exceptional? Give or take.. Just trying to wrap my brain around the change. :) either way.. well done.

13. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Thanks! Yes...one was a +30 Durability. I also started with a +1 Exceptional Item. It was the 2nd chest piece I made. Not in game now, but I'm pretty sure it was a MW that gave the +30. I think the way it works is Minor Ench/MW's add a +1 to an item, and Majors give a +2. Would have been a +19, I believe, if I hadn't failed that one time.

Thanks! The exceptional chest starts with 200 Dur, and I had the +30 Dur Bonus. So 230 Durability just starting. Minor Enchants/MW's on those items deduct 10Dur and Majors 20. So, theoretically, I could get 4 MW's and 4 Enchants(with no failures), and still have 70 Durability left on the item. A failure takes away 25Dur on that particular item, so I still had 205Dur left over. Hope that makes more sense. Not sure what you are saying could be a bug?

Nikko likes this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

2 releases ago the same chest would've shown +14 or so. The way it's calculated has changed.

Sorthious and Nikko like this.
  15. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Yea gear I made pre the artifact release even got some additional +s to them. Like my +11 sword is now +13

Sorthious likes this.
  16. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I have +16 Chests from pre-r53 and they are essentially the same and the calculations work out how I described. Minor Enchant/MW's get +1 and Majors get +2. I don't think that aspect has changed. I'm not on online right now, so will have to confirm what I'm saying. The only thing that has changed, that I notice, is that failures result in a -1 being applied to the item.

I've not noticed this, but I will keep an eye out for it. I have some +17 Wands, that I've had for like 10+ releases, and they are all still +17. Maybe there are certain MW/Enchants that are giving and extra +1 somewhere.