Celebrity NPCs

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by vcczar, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vcczar

vcczar Avatar

I'd like to see some celebrity (fictional, of course) NPCs. Famous artists, philsophers, religious figures, musicians, generals, politicians, etc.

Père Fouettard and Sir_Tim like this.
  2. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I think that this sort of thing can be easily worked into the game. Both "static" quests and live events.

To me, a static quest is a stationary NPC who wants something (typically a fetch quest). Some people hate these. I don't. If done well, you're usually going to new locations and killing new things. What's better than fresh air, new scenery, and blood all over the place? Any "famous" NPC could contact you for a quest. That's cake. In fact, I'm guessing you'll see that a great deal.

Live events are trickier. This involves a GM (or whatever this game will call them) actually showing up to town as the famous celebrity. For example, if I were a GM (not saying that I may have been a GM for a few years on "UO-like" shards because...that would have been wrong...so....you know...I wasn't...), I would create a musician. A few days before the live event, I would put up posters telling of my arrival. A day before, I would add some new script for normal NPC's to start chattering about my arrival. The actual day, I would spruce up a tavern (complete with useless little trinkets and such with my name on them). Once a crowd forms, I'd show up with a couple of other GM's (body guard and a "front man" to introduce me). Then put on a show! Call people up on stage, play other instruments, just have fun with it. Takes a bit of planning but really...easy to do and players really get into it (again...just guessing because I never played or GM'ed on those "UO-like" shards because that would have been wrong...so...you know....I didn't).

I really like those kind of things. Fun, breaks up the routine, and really promotes RP. Just have to get some creative people to run the live events. Invasions and chase quests (chase the bad guys all over the place) are easy. What I out-lined takes a bit more imagination. Not every live event has to include death. Hmmm...at least not intentionally...

So...I hope this is kind of what you were talking about...

3. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

I mentioned this in another thread already, but I would like to see a village with forum trolls that troll the players when they talk to them. >.<

4. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

Um...what? There are threads that you think that I shouldn't respond to? Am I the troll? I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about.

5. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

You know what happened to Santa Clause in UO right?

6. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I'm unclear as to what you're referring to. I could be wrong, this was MANY years ago, but I think I got a bright red bag with fruit cake, a fireworks wand and something else in the first year. The next year...man...I don't remember the circumstances but I think we received "tickets" or deeds for Xmas trees (could be wrong on that). I don't specifically remember Santa...then again...I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night.

Is this along the lines of what you're talking about? I'm really getting lost in this thread...

7. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

And so begins Knoxinn's first visit to the village of the Trolls...

8. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

*sighs*

I saw a thread that hadn't been responded to and though it'd would be nice to respond, no matter what the topic or who started it. You know, just a new guy (only been here a week or so) trying to add a little something to the SotA community. Apparently, I've committed some weird crime. So I bid adieu to you and this thread. Peace be the journey, my friend...

*washes his hands of it and goes along his merry way*

9. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

@Knoxinn - I believe that you have been 'trolled', not that you are the troll. Don't let silly remarks discourage you. FireLotus does support the Live Event idea of the community already. Ideas are often repeated in Threads, as many of us tend to think alike. To the OP - I can certainly see the occurrence of celebrity NPCs. Don't you imagine FireLotus' avatar in her Tavern will be a celebrity? There are liable to be some recurring appearances of NPCs in the storyline as it goes along. :)

10. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I'll have to find the video but LB talks about players killing Santa Clause in UO and then taking his clothes later to have some PK's running around killing people in Santa clothes.

11. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Whoa, hold on Knoxinn! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, insult you or make you the brunt of my joke, my posts are all in jest. When I mentioned a "village of forum trolls" in game, I wasn't thinking of trolling anybody, and definitely nobody in particular, it wasn't even a trap. But then you, sort of, stumbled into it rather conveniently, illustrating my intent (thank you very much! ^.^ ).

Just for your info, nobody on these forums is discurtious or blatantly offensive in any way, shape or form. Try not to feel insecure and read underlying malicious intent in things that are not there, otherwise you'll get me in trouble with the *Gulp* moderators.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! *Yeah* :)
    Your presence here will only get better!
    (Just don't mention "PvP" and don't ever, for any reason, post in a discussion on, about, or in the vicinity of PvP .)

I apologise for any grievance I may have caused you.
    Sincerely,
    Devoid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.