Certificate problems with FF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sindariya, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Today at 11pm german time I got kicked out of the Chat and couldn't return to it or the Website of Sota over FF v27. It always gives me the error code : sec_error_unknown_issuer. I deleted already all cookies, cache and even the certificate but nothing helps. Can someone here help me. Don't want to use IE for SotA

2. jlpicard2

jlpicard2 Avatar

This was a new SSL certificate implementation problem by the web developer. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next day or so.

Technical details follow:
    I found the reason that the Firefox users are getting the following error on https://shroudoftheavatar.com:

www.shroudoftheavatar.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

http://www.digicert.com/help/

The server is not sending the required intermediate certificate.
    This server needs to be configured to include DigiCert's intermediate certificates during SSL handshakes. You may not notice a problem when using Internet Explorer because it can follow the http link to the intermediate certificate embedded in the certificate's 'Authority Information Access' extension, but Firefox, Safari, and other browsers will likely complain until the intermediate certificates are installed and configured on the server. For instructions on how to achieve this, please check the installation guide for your platform in the SSL certificate installation section of our site. If you have any problems correcting this issue, please contact our helpful support team and we would be happy to assist.

Tip: It looks like this server is running Apache. In most cases, solving this problem is as simple as adding "SSLCertificateChainFile /path/to/DigiCertCA.crt" to your apache configuration file after/near your SSLCertificateFile line.

Umbrae, Sir Mike Dragon and Asclepius like this.
  3. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I'm having trouble on Google Chrome on my phone.

Getting a big red warning that the site is probably hacked, I hope no one loses their account to this thievery.

4. jlpicard2

jlpicard2 Avatar

This is very likely the same problem, though the site works fine on Chrome on Windows.

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Good to know, thanks. I found the same issue (Firefox), took a deep breath and added an exception (temporarily). Now the site works fine.

Hope it will indeed be fixed in the next day or so.

6. vjek

vjek Avatar

Yep, happening here too, Firefox on Linux, XP and Win7.
    Looks like it's a new cert from yesterday.

7. jlpicard2

jlpicard2 Avatar

The problem appears to have been corrected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.