1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Chain Lightning Fizzle rate in R40

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I like the concept, and can this apply so the someone can keep the changed skill and unlearn others they worked on that will now not work together. Hard to explain... but, with the nerf to the air tree it made two handed polearms impossible to use with air spells. I chose to keep the air tree and switch over to wands/staff and now have 700 wasted points in the polearms tree.

2. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

I cant help feeling that the damage nerfs to chain lighting (and air in general) are a bit over the top. With a min of 80 in all air spells (attunement also 80) I am critting in the low 30's with chain in PVE, so basically the whole tree is currently pretty much pointless from a PVE perspective.

Personally I think that its the stun aspect of chain lightning / lightning / discharge (especially when used in combo with CF) that made it OP in the first place.
    If the stun chance was very low with a short duration, chain lightning / lightning / discharge could have their damage increased a little so they were useful in PVE again. Higher fizzle chance is a good idea though, cloth wearers should probably get a perk :)

3. null2

null2 Avatar

Don't forget that the cooldown for chain lightning was changed from 15 seconds to 30 seconds this release, meaning that the cooldown for one unlocked glyph is 12 seconds, which is just 3 seconds faster than it was LOCKED last release. Not sure how the increase in cooldown for locked spells was supposed to provide balance.

Vallo Frostbane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.