Change logic of equipment swap upon deck swap

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Like probably most people, I have several specialized decks prepared, all of them linked to spcific equipment. However, I do not carry all my equipment with me all the time, especially since I live in an open PvP town. So sometimes it happens that I switch decks, and suddenly I am naked, because the linked equipment is not in my inventory. Sucks! I tried making copies of decks and having a version of each of them with specialized gear and one version with my standard can-afford-to-lose gear. But that's really a big hassle.

Could that feature not be changed to the following logic: Check for each linked item of the deck you are switching to whether it is in the inventory. If it is in the inventory, replace the currently equipped item in the same slot with it. Else, keep the currently equipped item.

I would find this so very very helpful! Please consider my request.

Ataniiq, Alioth, Barugon and 7 others like this.
  2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I agree! And sometimes I accidentally swap to the wrong deck and find myself suddenly naked!

There does exist something in the code. I have 2 two-handed swords that I use in different situations, and, if the other sword is unavailable, I don't disarm the equipped sword. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it, but the system normally swaps the sword (it understands the difference) but doesn't disarm me in the absence of another sword (understands not to disarm).

I've never tested it switching to other sword or weapon types.

It would be so nice and logical if this were applied to armor as well.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

If they are looking at that code, I would also like to be able to set whether equipment is linked on a slot by slot basis.

What I mean is be able to, for example, link a weapon and define all armour as unlinked. So if I switch to that deck it equips the weapon but leaves everything else in whatever I'm currently using.

Regards
    Spung

Alioth, Spoon, Woodchuck and 2 others like this.
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Very good addition Spungwa!

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

even though i haz never pvp i supports this! very reasonable and sensible game enhancement!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.