Chaotic Clone-useless for pvp

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Mingo, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Chaotic Clone would be nice for pvp, except that the clone is holding my lute, my lute backpack, pickaxe, fishing pole, and mace, and showing the cloak even though I have cloak turned off. So any adversary would immediately recognize that it is a Clone.
    --the CC should appear exactly as my character appears.

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Also they kinda stand out.

[​IMG]

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I barely notice the difference :p!

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Mingo @Lained This looks like a bug - can you please fill out a bug report for this

Sorgin Txakal and necronut like this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

I'll leave it to someone else as I don't use it myself.

6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Ya, it is only recently that the clones started showing all tools equipped as well as the weapon the player currently has. @Lained 's picture is from before the last release, during the prior month's Blood Bay fishing contest, something came out with R88 that caused this:

[​IMG]

7. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

This picture does show why I requested that nameplates be turned off in PVP areas. The clone, in addition to having virtually no health and not even pretending to attack, stands out like a sore thumb and is very recognizably a clone.

The questions should be asked, "What is the goal of the skill Chaotic Clone? How would that goal benefit from a player being chaos specced?"

Only when those two questions have solid answers, can the clone skill be made useful. Fixing the multi-tool hands by itself will not fix the skill, the clone needs to be believable as a player to confuse other players in PVP as to which one they should attack. In my opinion it should either be used to set up/trigger magic traps for other players, or actively participate in combat somehow to confuse other players in PVP.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

• Maybe it could use the skills of the player's currently equipped deck or cast them in tune with the player

• If it can't attack and be useful by mimicking the skills of the player's currently equipped deck, then maybe it could have the stats and attack profile of a satyr warrior/archer/mage of the relevant summon level based on what the chaos mage has equipped or what combo they used to cast it.

• Maybe the player should be able to/must switch places with clones that have been dropped down when the player would take damage as a form of damage mitigation

• Maybe the player should be able to make multiple clones based on skill level and spec that all scatter and run in different directions while pretending to attack

• Maybe the clones should explode with chaos magic when destroyed in a magical AOE attack so they benefit from having low health, but just enough to not die quickly from an area DOT.

• At the very least, the clone's nameplate should perfectly match the player's nameplate and it should have the longest tether range of any summon, and be able to patrol.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Margaritte and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Just change the name to summon caddy. Problem solved.

9. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Echondas and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

thanks for doing bug report Sorgin.

11. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Bug verified and added to intake queue. Thanks folks!

Sorgin Txakal and necronut like this.