Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Charlotte Grey appears and disappears

Discussion in 'Release 31 Dev+' started by Kara Brae, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

6/24/2016 10:52 PM
    Title: Charlotte Grey appears and disappears
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: I created a new avatar in Single Player Offline and opted to help Charlotte Grey. The girl followed me across the bridge, but she is inconsistent in following me after that and sometimes seems to disappear into thin air. For example, I ran to the ruins to talk to the "odd fellow" as suggested by Edvard. When I got there, Charlotte was nowhere in sight. I spoke to Kiakis and departed from the ruin. As I was leaving, Charlotte came into view. She ran towards me, passed me and entered the ruin. I immediately turned and went back in but she was gone. After searching for her for quite a bit, I returned to Edvard. Then all of a sudden Charlotte comes running up. I clicked on Edvard because he told me to speak to him again, but he had no new dialog. I closed the conversation with Edvard and Charlotte was gone again. I stood around for around 5 minutes as I was writing this, but she never returned. I didn't use the summoning whistle because as a new avatar I am not supposed to know what that is. I went back to the ruin and searched it, and went up the hill to the lunar rift, but there was no Charlotte to be seen anywhere. When I arrived at Soltown, Charlotte was no longer in my party. Then I finally tried the summoning whistle, but it didn't work. Abigail asks me to look for word of Charlotte if I ever get to Solace Bridge. She doesn't understand me when I tell her that Johan is dead or that I have seen Charlotte.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 3020
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.365.Date.06.23.16
    Area: SolaceBridge_Starter
    Loc: (56.6, 39.0, 47.0)

amaasing and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Aye, confirmed. Exact same experience.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  3. Absolum

Absolum Avatar

I have the same experience. I summoned Charlotte when I got to the boat but she was gone when I got to Soltown. I deleted the character and started again. This time I went to Soltown without summoning her and she still wasn't in my party. When I go back to Solace Bridge she is in the ruins where she is normally found.

4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Fixed for next build. There is no way to take Charlotte out of Solace Bridge as a companion which is intentional. If you successfully cross the bridge and talk to Edvard (which you need to do to complete the scene) and Charlotte is with you the quest will complete successfully at that point.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  5. Lum the Mad

Incidentally, Charlotte still being in post-tutorial Solace Bridge is a bug. The pre-R31 Charlotte quest no longer exists.

How the quest is intended to work:

- success: you take Charlotte through Solace Bridge. At the end when Edvard tells you about the boat out, he promises to take Charlotte back to his mother. Abigail will recognize this and thank/reward you, and will know her husband Johan died.
    - failure: you managed to get Charlotte killed, you awful person. Abigail will know both Charlotte and her husband are dead.
    - failure: you did not take Charlotte through Solace Bridge, but did not kill her. Abigail will still ask you to find her, but there is no trace of her - she died as a result of the attack and your inaction. Abigail will not know her husband is dead, either.

Currently because of the Charlotte leashing bug (which is fixed for next build) there is no way to do anything save fail via inaction.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I replayed this today.

Similar experience in that Charlotte disappears at the end of the bridge. Again, Edvard recognizes that Charlotte was saved. However, this time the quest with Abigail completed successfully. She recognized that I had saved her daughter.

One suggestion is to have Charlotte appear with her mom in Soltown when the quest is completed. Or a gravestone in the camp if the quest failed. I guess such a scene with Abigail would have to be instanced to achieve that though.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  7. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

But I wanted to take her home and adopt her and have her help with my plants and vendor!

8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I like this idea :D

9. Lum the Mad

We can't do this without having separate instances of Soltown for each quest state, which would not be a good idea for a public village.

10. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Esp. not since some people might have done the Soltown quest, others might not, and all might have different outcomes... So you'd have both a gravestone and a live Abigail?... Or neither?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.