chat concepts

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Lace, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

I do not know what is planned if anything for a chat channel performs as the noble's channel does.
    I know some do not want a global channel of any kind, and I know some fear the inevitable gold spammer bs.
    Because the game requires a purchase, hopefully the gold seller traffic will be less than the hoards we have seen in free to play games.

Some games to combat the gold selling spam have made it a level requirement to chat, this of course hinders the new players with genuine questions. Some folks feel chat breaks their immersion. Keeping all this in mind and others it brought me back to remembering this text based game I played in 96-98 called Dragonrealsm (you know when you had to pay 3.95 an hour to be on AOL and Compuserve LOL.

Anyway in that game they had these things called gweths, which at first were unlimited use, but then later they had a durability to them like our wood chisels, ingot molds etc. To get these items you had to hunt or buy them from other hunters. You could listen to the channel if you had on in your inventory, but each time you spoke the durability decreased.

Using this concept the #of uses in a lowbie zone could be lets say limited to 5 on the drop and the rarity determined by the number you already had or something (aka no lowbie farming of the item). As your character got stronger and in higher scenes the number of charges on the item would increase, and again a rarity check. Making them non tradeable as well could prevent gold spammers from getting too many as well.

Anyway just a random thought on global communication even if you hate it or like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.