Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

chat functions need work!

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Xi_, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I'm getting tired of missing chats from my friends because I'm in a vendor screen or something stupid.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes chat is trying. I think speaking should have a separate window from for instance damage given or being taken and all the little combat notes. It's very difficult to see what people are saying. We have 7 people doing a control point tonight and there
    was rarely a time I could have seen what someone said, I had to look back many times, like way back.;)

3. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

The only way that communication has worked is through mic. It makes communication with my brothers easy but i continually miss the rest of the nearby chats

Moonshadow likes this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I like the idea of separating the chat from game messages as the tab system clearly has communications issues, might be a coding nightmare however. Perhaps the ability to open up a second chat window instead of a new tab would allieviate some of this by allowing you to have that separate window you speak of while still accessing a vendor chat function or whatever.

I cant focus on the chat while wearing a headset either, it's like talking to someone about cars while writing a book about monkeys.

Montaigne likes this.
  5. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

When someone sends a private message, there needs to be some sort of click sound to alert you.

By Tor [MGT], smack and Moonshadow like this.
  6. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Make tab. Click that triangle.. filter what you don't want. Did I just find this today? Yes, yes I did. Do I feel a bit foolish? Yes yes I do.

[​IMG]

It would be nice if a window title "flashed" or bold texted when there were as yet unseen messages in a tab.

Lady Amethyst, celli666 and majoria70 like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I've been doing that for ages and I still say the chat needs work.

This since there is important info both in the game/NPC feed and in the player feed. But both tends to be spammy.
    So just filtering doesn't work unless you want to tab back and forth a lot.

Instead if we could open multiple chat windows and then filter them., then I could have one for game and one for players, and when doing events an extra to split out guild/party chat from local.

8. Rabum Alal

Rabum Alal Avatar

The chat window could be more responsive, too.

I find myself missing the last three or four letters in my sentences because the text has not caught up by the time I press enter.

Then I'm left with those few letters on their own, having me complete the sentence li

ke this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.