Chat Tab

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Dorham Isycle, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Personally I find the chat tab frustrating. I message someone & I can't get out of that mode unless I close the tab & open another or something. there is a command to go back but I always forget. Would be nice to have a button on the chat bar that opens up a small box with buttons to switch between the modes.
    Remembering stuff is hard..:oops:

Quenton, Mata and majoria70 like this.
  2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

buttond would be nice to have, as an extra, but for now when i'm done whispering to someone or in a specific channel, i always just do this without the quotes: "<enter> /l <enter>" and it takes me back to local chat.

WeirDave likes this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

/l = Local (i.e. the default "talk to your neighbors")
    /g = Guild
    /p = Party
    /w = Whisper

The command is the first letter of the destination group.

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

its all well and good having the commands but someone new to the game who doesn't know the commands or cannot find the commands anywhere will find it frustrating, also there is no option to close tabs that were previously opened

Mata and Quenton like this.
  5. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

The button is there ... not always that intuitive like the x buttons of Windows. Click the tab's triangle and on the bottom of the list for filtering chat is button to remove the tab.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

6. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

Yes, the chat panel is very unweildy . Each tab should have a windows way of closing ie cross in the corner. I have been stuck many times with the last person i spoke to name in the window and can't remove it . Problem is most people want a very low form of chat so i can't see it ever being particalarily easy to use in the sense of most multiplayer rpg's these days . i have kinda got used to it and hope it will work better in the future but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a lot of communication between people in the game but we will see.

7. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Wish you could rename the chat tabs...and also right click on a whisper and create a new tab out of it, specifically for that person.

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can rename the chat tabs.

Duke Olahorand and Duke Raas like this.
  9. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

you can rename the tabs

10. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

ohh right. I think I actually saw that before but it didn't register. I tried double clicking the name and right clicking Tab 1, Tab 2, etc.

11. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This is important. It's not immediately obvious when you're trying to message someone that you need to use /w for whisper instead of /p for private message, or something. /l for local is especially counter-intuitive. Good for those that know them, but they can't be the primary way to switch between them.

12. Katrina Bekers

If you use "/p" for private message, what you would use for your Party? You may think of your Party as your Group, but then what you would use for Guild?

Also, the initials are written in the chat filters you can enable by clicking on the small yellow triangle button next to the chat name.

Also, if you right click on any other avatar, the first option is "Whisper" (and it does exactly what it's intuitive it'd do), so it makes sense to use Whisper also as abbreviation.

I agree that the information is semi hidden or hard to come by. But it's there. This is a game about exploration, never forget it.

13. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

And what are you doing in localized versions of the game, where party is suddenly no longer starting with P, since its translated to "Gruppe" (German)?

Also Whisper = Flüstern is less than intuitive if it comes to determine the W.

14. Katrina Bekers

We put the original intial of the english word in parentheses in the filter window of the chat tab. So even in our localized version, we show what the original command is.

Mata likes this.
  15. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

The organisation of tabs is now very similar to other games. Only one think I didn't find so far - whenever something in the not shown channels is written the tab should change colour or blink or whatever to get my attention. Right now - whenever I'm in combat in an instance - I tend to overlook new comments e.g. in my guild and come back 30 minutes or so later. That is sometimes a bit embarassing ;-)

Ajacied1987, Lained and ThurisazSheol like this.
  16. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

The point is that it's not intuitive at all about how to switch between those modes when you want to talk to someone - and it should be. You shouldn't have to remember what letter goes where.

I got stuck talking to a watcher crawling around when I was trying to use /local, though that's probably (hopefully?) a bug. Er, no pun intended.

17. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I am sure they will implement in a later version a better help to find the wanted channel (e.g. pull-down to dial the correct channel or accept /l, /loc, /local for the same channel or whatever ...) many other mmo have solved this problem successfully - I don't think that is going to be a big problem ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.