1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Child conversationalists

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by redfish, Apr 4, 2023.

1. redfish

redfish Avatar

Young girl and young boy conversationalists.

The use I personally have in mind is a child that tells the player to visit their parents in their shop, or a child in a shop with his parents that helps players on a quest.

Players could also theoretically do a "lost child" quest.

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Back when Elgarion was putting all the various conversationalists in game we asked for children. We were told that Sannio had 'reserved' child conversationalist to be put in at a later time, possibly as a quest reward. I'm not sure if the conversationalist themselves was supposed to be a reward or a recipe for it like we have crafted beggar ones. But I do very much hope that there is still a plan for them to be put in game!

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

If thats the case I hope they have it on their schedule. Its something a lot of players probably want to put to use.

4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

We also need many other conversationalists. Elgarion stated it was easier to mass produce them.
    • Bandits and Pirates in various outfit styles.
    • the new undead (added to the game roughly a year ago)
    • Jester
    • young giant???
    As well as the various founder servants optional conversion to conversationalists,

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

In the mean rime we do have the mechanical kids... the smaller robot kids.
    ~TL~

6. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Up until now we were holding off on adding more Conversationalists due to the "wander" bug. I believe that DC has sorted that issue out now, and with that, I think we can look at adding more variations.

On the topic of Children Conversationalists; this has been discussed and we do not plan to add any player facing (conversationalist) Children NPCs into the game at this time. @Jakkal's suggestions are great! I'm making notes :)

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

What about the baby in a mothers arms.

If a baby has realm domination and just happens to be a deamon hellspawn and talk perfect english, then hey... who's judging?

[​IMG]