Chris said ...

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Chris
    April 1, 2013 - 5:30 pm
    @spirit, we will have an option where guilds can declare as full PK with looting and behave like UO

Chris
    April 1, 2013 - 5:30 pm
    The thing that won't be possible is to PK people who don't want to participat

Chris:
    April 1, 2013 - 5:31 pm
    but we are also discussion option so you can filter the "Carebears" so you only see people relevant to you

I Love the ideal for not seeing the carebears ! Amasing !

Tx Portalarius!

2. Screwtape

Screwtape Avatar

This makes me happy, I just hope that enough guilds will declare full PK and we can enjoy some epic battles.

If the down the road have guild locations (EI guild halls, villages, castles) and we are able to do full scale guild vs guild battles with the ability to raid the other guild for some form of reward, I would be amazed.

3. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Cool, I hope there are some in game guilds like thieves and pirates so we can get started right away without buying a guild stone.

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

Was this said in the chat, or in an interview? If guilds can declare this, then every guild can declare war on each other, and the players can form their own implementation of Siege Perilous.

I would prefer to have a reputation system at work, however, because war for the sake of war is a hollow exercise. The appeal of the PK/Anti-PK wars in UO, at least for the KGB, was the never ending struggle against a clear evil in the game. Guild A perpetually at war against Guild B does not make for compelling story telling.

Tracy Hickman, I'm looking at you. I'd like to see what you can come up with.

5. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

Meh, I really really want to PK miners and lumberjacks. RPing for guilds is kind of weak and not an interest. Hope I can work out a way to be a solo PK in this new day and age in SotA.

6. Haddy G

Haddy G Avatar

lol That reminds me when I played on NWN servers and some dude would immediately kill folks as they logged on. :)

<cite>I Love the ideal for not seeing the carebears ! Amasing !</cite>

I am sure carebears love that idea too. :)

7. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I wish we could just click on something and be done with it. I don't see why we should have to jump through hoops to play a full loot game. It's silly.

It's not fair to have to join a guild. If they really want us to be that segregated then make another server.

I'm not sure why they feel the need to put two very opposing sides on the same server. When they plan to cater one side and humor the other.

8. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

I am sure we can create our own guild and only have one member in it. Hopefully it can be cost effective for a single player to attain and upkeep.

9. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I think Guild vs Guild battles is perfect. As I've said before, if there's no sheep, there's no PK and then there's no anti-pk.

I played Lineage2 for 5 or so years. While you could PK random people, this really wasn't profitable. Most of the fighting was guild vs guild over territories. You held forts and castles, fought over world boss spawns, controlled zones where mobs dropping certain materials spawned.

Guild vs. guild is much more interesting and dynamic than the artificial factions in games like warhammer / WoW / Aion / RIFT.

10. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Owain said : Was this said in the chat, or in an interview?

Thas was in the Chat man. The most important for me is the filter for not see the ''carebears''.

11. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

It will at least be interesting. Massive guilds flagged for PvP but only 12 people to a map.

12. Owain

Owain Avatar

"It will at least be interesting. Massive guilds flagged for PvP but only 12 people to a map."

That should help avoid cheesey zerg tactics...

13. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

One suggestion: How about two or three universal guilds (or maybe religions/alinements, etc.) for people, who want to go PK or Counter-PK without having to join a guild

14. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

I really hope the determination for being a pvper vs a ******** encompasses your whole account, if they allow for more than one character, otherwise people will have pvpers and a ******** crafter.

15. chiromancer

chiromancer Avatar

I find it ironic and sad that the devs are looking into ways to allow full scale PVP with open loot and we come here to bemoan that it isn't enough! We know a snippet of information that with stretch goals, we can see full PVP! Worst case is that you have to create or join a guild?

The only way that could be detrimental is if everyone joins the same guild AND you can't PVP against guild mates...

Most likely, there will be full time PvP for those who wish it and I suspect more inroads will be made regarding full loot.

@InsaneMembrane I for one am an avid PVPer and am quite fine having a game that will be more popular BECAUSE it restricts the kind of game where you can PK miners and lumberjacks. If my friends who hate open PVP know they can play unmolested by the likes of us, they'll be more likely to play and thus RG will be more successful and he will not only get this game out with its 4 sequels, but perhaps he will continue to come up with newer and more exciting games following!

For the rest of it, I too look forward to "why" the lore says player-made factions would fight each other... What resources do we look for and what can be done so PVP builds upon the PVE world and visa versa!

16. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

@Antalicus: If the game does allow more than one character then I'm quite sure the PvP setting won't be account wide, given that LB doesn't seem inclined to ever force anyone into PvP; I don't even think it will be that permanent for a single character anyway, as the player could always leave his PvP guild at will, or if he is owner of his own guild, just unflag his guild for PvP.

Besides, even if it was account wide, players could always purchase a second copy of the game and avoid such restrictions; since there is no subscription fee it's not that much of a long shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.