@chris why does magic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im willing to bet its a result of how many monsters are being killed with magic by people, but they probly should remove immunity on things except elementals and just make stuff resistant but have at least 1 extreme weakness

FrostII, Xkhan, joeziggy2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I agree this really seems like a big they are not aware of. I really think theses creatures should be immune to two trees, be hurt bad by two trees and everything in between is just standard dmg. It would really help with different build types and people would need different armors for doing different things. Would make it more interesting and stimulate the armor market.

Brass Knuckles, FrostII and Lazlo like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

First time I fought the envy angel I said why the hell I don't do him dmg, since I was hitting him for 0 with water where I have 245 attunement, I thought there was some nearby mobs mechanic or I had to destroy love cards, after a couple of time I switched to sword, which I have just lvl 100 with a couple of skill in that tree, and he died in less than 10 sec :(

Would be cool having a boos immune to physical dmg and killable just with magic, hope devs check this issue one day.

FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’m not sure I’d hold ur breath this has been a issue for over year. They make a op bow and they have that fixed in 2 days ;)

FrostII likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Envy's Bow has been fixed already ??

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

One thread and boom nerf slapped, I’ve provided this information via bug and private msg more than once. There obviously way more interested in nerfing than fixing haha

I can’t blame them I’d find something to nerf everyday if I could.

7. Sway

Sway Avatar

not all of us are fire mages. you might be able to. but most other schools have problems with it

8. Sway

Sway Avatar

I'm assuming for balance purposes the next seasonal boss will be immune to physical attacks.
    what's right is right,
    if, as a mage I'm forced to learn a physical skill to even hit envy angel - then, seems fare to me that fighters and archers should have to learn magic to do any kind of damage to the next boss.

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531134940054683658/555733405342498816/2019-03-14_1.png

This shows much more data, with caster and int gear on / int bow 2x lich archers and a mage. Notice the hits and zeros from magic the only reason why ms is landing is that’s where I have 600,000,000 xp in that tree and moon gear on and max hit (crit) was 15 vrs 2k+ mobs.and about 30million in my archery tree.

Seering damage was ok against the lich archers, some would say it should be exceptionally good since it’s sun but w/ei do have 124 sun spec 150 enlightenment and it’s at 140 skill level.

This is not a anti archer post I’m sure the results would be same with poles or sword. Look at that auto attack dmg.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I couldn't hurt Krampus. Does that count?

11. Sway

Sway Avatar

the problem is t
    how do you mean? like he is immune or is he just replenishing his health faster then you can take it (because his regen is crazy) I have a hard time killing him but I believe I did it with polearms because once again as a mage I kind of can do it but it takes 2 times as long

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As an archer, I couldn't damage him fast enough. He would heal any damage I did in like a second.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you use poisons?

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't. I probably should've tried the one made with rotting flesh but I don't think the -15% healing would've been enough. For the last few months, I've been working hard to get all skills related do damage to 100... just in time for an upcoming archery nerf. :(

15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

As I remember, Krampus regenerates based on the nasty kids left alive, or has that changed ?

Jaesun and Dhanas like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think this is correct. They just respawn really fast. On a side note, East Sanctus Forest is an excellent place to get experience since Krampus is gone.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  17. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

It was apparent early on that the decider of things prefers melee to ranged or magic. The majority of balance decisions are made based on this.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.