Church of the Dark Star - Every Saturday 11am NBT

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Amber Raine, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Please join us every Saturday, 11am NBT, for more riveting discussions. And most importantly to take in the breath taking sights that can be created, when you have the land to build on, the passion in your heart and a desire to represent that which touches you most.

When: Every Saturday 11am NBT
    Where: Church of the Dark Star - Location mentioned every week (we have several now)
    What: High Priestess of Chaos Amber Raine and Dean of Novian Academy Kazyn Phoenixfyre, shall be hosting services inside the Church of the Dark Star

For those whom can not attend in person we are broadcast on Avatars Radio.

For those that are unable to attend but have interest in listening to them, whether for catch up or simply because you can not make the posted times. They have been and will continue to be posted on sound cloud.

Thank you to all those that have joined us in the past two years.

** If you have a subject you would like us to touch on please do not hesitate to let us know. We are more then happy to take on the challenge. Message Amber Raine or Kazyn Phoenixfyre. **

Acred and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  2. Amber Raine

Church of the Dark Star Services will return This coming Saturday --

We shall be holding service in Rifts End on Chaos Island at 11am NBT.

Topic for this weekend will be : Everything, Anything and Nothing - It is all possible.

Acred, Dinsoo and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  3. Acred

Acred Avatar

It will be very good to gather with you all at Rift's End again this Saturday.

Here's to all that is possible, and then some!

Amber Raine likes this.
  4. Amber Raine

Church of the Dark Star will be holding the Saturday service in Rift's End at 11am NBT tomorrow.

The topic of this week is thanks to Jack Knyfe and Glimmer "Stand Still or move, Chaos Conquers Fear"

Acred and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  5. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    [​IMG]

Church of the Dark Star First Christmas Service "Why Christmas"

Acred likes this.
  6. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Tomorrow's service has been cancelled :( Amber's father is having heart bypass surgery tomorrow because the stents which they inserted during the last surgery are not working properly :eek: Please include him in your thoughts and prayers....

Numa, Asclepius and Acred like this.
  7. Amber Raine

My sincerest apologies to those whom have joined us every week since the church started. I thank you all for your understanding and well wishes during this time.. However, sometimes, life has to come first and when your superman runs into kryptonite he needs a wonder woman with her lasso to keep everyone tight and held up.. thats my job..

I can promise you that the services will return and I Will be honoured to return to my position as High Priestess of Chaos when I know my own super man is safely back to not needing my strength...

I love you all.. and thank you!!

May the shadows of night keep and protect you all!

Amber Raine

8. Amber Raine

Church service will be returning today January 21st 2017 at 11am NBT in Rift's End.

The Topic for today will be "Freedom from Fear and Dread" - Please join us in Rift's End for what may be a very impactful service that may or may not just change your thoughts on a number of things.

Are you wishing to hear the services but can not attend in person? Join us on Avatars Radio and returning soon SoundCloud.

Gabriel Nightshadow and Acred like this.
  9. Amber Raine

Danellosi mellonamin, beinvenue tout la monde, Good Morrow friends and family,

Welcome once again to the church of the Dark Star, I am for those who may have forgotten me over the past couple months, Amber Raine, High Priestess (or in some neighbourhoods Queen) of Chaos.

I would like to start out today by sharing a few of the community events that are going to be coming up.

First the biggest one, Release week is this week which will be coming to us on Thursday, January 26th and with that comes the release party on Friday January 27th.

It is with my honour and priviledge that I get to announce a shared party with this release date along with the 3rd year anniversary of Avatars Radio.

There will be much celebrating with dancing, music and prizes from 2pm to 4pm Central Time.

More event announcements we have been asked to make are

Moongate Travellers will be hosting their DoJo PVP training today at 3pm

PaxLair is planning a Festival in honour of Sequanna the Goddess of Love for February 11th.

And Portalarium is planning the Spring Telethon thing for March 9th starting at noon. At this point many things will be removed from the add-on store, for more information check out the post on the main page of ShroudOfTheAvatar.com

For those who have been refraining from shopping you are running out of time. Because once they are gone. They are gone forever.

So with all that said, lets crack open the pie and see what we can find inside shall we?

It became clearer and clearer to me this week that this is a service topic that needed to be "put on the table" as I watched things plummet out of control.

As I witnessed those who prefer a more orderly path leap off the deep end of the cliff that Kazyn has so many times pulled me back from.

We thought 2016 was bad, it took celebrities from us that we grew up with and cherished, we wondered every day who was going to be next, what was going to be next.

But this week, has been the worst, as we have seen the strongest of men let themselves be frozen in fear and crumble to the ground lost in the unknown.

These men and women who some may have for years, decades even , looked up to, almost idolized, frozen by fear, altered by the unknown, in some aspects, turned into monsters that they themselves would not recognize.

Some call it Chaos, I call it Anarchy by Order. For it is the majority of those whom do not understand and can not accept the unknown without first fighting and rejecting it

until they lose themselves that are having the hardest time.

It is those whom who follow society and have a harder time accepting anything that would go even slightly against that, that are truly causing most of the onslaught of horror that we are witnessing.

This, is not Chaos.. This is fear..

If you want to be truly planted in the freedom of fear and the following of Chaos, you need to study the words for yourself.

And especially when you sit and you hear the words and something perks your interest.

Many of you may have already heard me say something a time or two and you think "Dude, I really think I need that"

Well don't depend on me to give it all to you, I am here just to help open new doors to new pathes you may not have seen there before.

What you need to do is make a little note and thats the thing you go home and study.

That should be a prompt to you that it is something you need to go home and dig into further.

When ever you dig out deeper meaning for yourself, it is much more likely to stay with you.

Today, and I really think this may hit home more so today then any other day it could have been spoken about.

Today I want to speak on the Freedom from Fear and Dread.

Before we just react and start doing rather ridiculous things that fear pushes us into a level of emotion that very often makes absolutely no sense at all.

We need to be very careful before we start taking action based on a feeling that an evil spirit has produced. That very often has no reality at all.

Fear. F.E.A.R has been known to mean to many and the acronym is used quite often in the Psychological world as "False Evidence Appearing Real".

So it would seem that we ourselves are bringing life and reality to these false things.

Now I want you to remember that fear comes from from negatives about the unknown and faith comes from positives about the unknown.

It is almost like every good thing we are hoping for a thought, a feeling, a spirit of some unknown tries to ruin it with some kind of poison and we begin to fear what could truly be a good thing.

Another way to look at it is every poison that is brought into our lives there is an antidote if you choose to instead see a positive in all those negatives you are creating around something.

As I have always said, there is a positive in every negative, if you just stop and look for it, whether it is people, places, cirsumstances, or even ourselves.

The antidote for the poison of fear is faith. The minute that fear comes, all we really have to do is instead trust in our faith.

Now that feeling of fear does not always go away, nor does that make you a coward if it does not.

Your not a coward because you feel fear, being afraid of something is a good thing much of the time, so feeling that is like a signal that something could potentially be amiss.

There is no cowardness in feeling fear but we are cowards if we give into it and let it manipulate and control our lives.

Even if we have to do what we do afraid, that means to actually do the thing while you still feel fear. The important thing to do is to keep going forward in a positive direction.

how many of you feel like life sometimes gets pretty complicated? And, is there anybody here that is like me that even if it is not complicated it doesn't take you very long to complicate it?

Human beings have the ability to just ramp everything up to the next level. And even I have to remind myself "keep it simple"

Just, keep it simple. What is the simple solution to this?

Let's think on that a moment, the answer may not come to you quickly, in fact it did not come to me until I was babysitting my friends two year old.

But, if you think about it, the simple solution to any problem is to face it like a little child.

Now we have to be very careful about this and remember I am saying "little child" because you can see every year that a child gets older they begin to have the ability also to complicate things.

But when they are really little, they seem to be without complication, without fear. There is just none of that.

It is not until they start growing up and are taught to fear things, that they really ever do. "Don't touch that", "don't do that", "Thats bad for you", "thats dangerous"

It is drilled into us to fear things as we grow up, but keep it simple, face it like a little child.

I truly believe that every single person here is able to be without fear in their life but they never truly enjoy life because their approach is all wrong and they over complicate it.

Is it possible that maybe you are mixed up about your approach?

It probably could not be counted the number of people who totally lose their chances at their destiny because they were afraid.

And when they try to step out in faith, fear comes , with all the what ifs.

Matter of fact, I think there are relatively very few, considering all the people in the world.

There are probably relatively very few people who end up actually boldly doing everything they ever wanted to do in thier lives.

I would like you to take a moment, it won't be too long, and if it is, I challange you to, first off, stop over complicating it and then take as long as you personally need to consider this next point.

What would be better in your life? Positively, moving forward and realizing that even the worst thing is not really that bad?

Or, standing still, paralyzed and afraid to move peeking in every corner and nervous by every shadow never truly going anywhere in your life?

The answer to me is fairly simple, not over complicated. I would prefer to move on, realizing that things are never as bad as we think they are, and I am not about to lose out on what i need in life

to be happy. I am not going to allow fear to take away my happiness.

So, no matter how powerful and overwhelming fear feels to you remember that faith is greater.

I have heard recently from many terrestrial beings, outlanders if you will from across the rift that they have no faith, all their faith is gone.

especially in what is happening in their lives over the past year, especially over the past couple months marking to yesterday when the entire Earthly world stood still in shock, horror in pools of poison.

"I don't have any faith in it anymore, there is no good its all negative and bad. Pure Evil."

To you I say "You do have faith and it is only as negative as you let it be."

Onto every man upon his birth is given a measure of faith. Little children show it in every move they do when their parents are chasing after them. Every man is born with a measure of faith.

Not just some, Onto *Every* man, and that means woman, child, young, old, Onto every man is given the measure of faith.

What does that mean? The measure of faith?

It means, however much you need to do what ever it is you need or want to do in life. What ever your life holds.

Some people may go through a harder time than maybe somebody else. But you are, if you keep it simple and uncomplicated, built with the innate faith for that.

If it is meant to be a part of your journey in life. You are born with it.

What ever you need to do, what ever you need to over come, what ever obstacles stand in your way or evils try to take your power.

I really want you to get this part before I move on, what ever your going to face in life. What ever you *are* facing in life, what ever is coming up in your life that you don't even know anything about

You already have the strength, the power and the faith to keep a positive outlook on it instead of allowing the poison to fester in and fill you with fear and dread.

It is already in your spirit to handle what ever life throws your way but it will do you no good if you don't choose to use it.

You have to use it, release that fear and use your faith. And you do so through your thoughts, through your words, and through your actions.

Chaos is all about the unknown. Just like there is no possible way you can know about everything that will happen in your life.

Chaos allows us to realize that anything and everything is possible, even if we are hoping for an outcome, chance of nothing happening at all is also possible.

But you can't sit around and think fear thoughts and walk in faith. Negativity breeds negativity. Fear breeds more fear.

Chaos, is unknown, why forgo and miss out on opportunities when you don't even know what will happen? Take that step, accept that person, and say "I will not be stopped by fear."

As you begin to believe you deserve it, your faith and aim toward your goal will be so strong that fears won't matter.

What are the things that you fear that has been keeping you from living your dream? That has been keeping you from doing some things that you would like to do?

Just think about those things, how much better would your life be if you could go after it?

You have a choice, you can either go back to your comfort zones, where you won't find any change or any growth. Or, you must be willing to go forward and face your fears again and again and again.

Because you are never going to have a life where fear is not going to come up and challange you. And yes, some fear is acceptable and legitimate.

I am in no way saying there are not some things that you should not be afraid of. What I am saying is, you should not allow it to imbolize you.

You acknowledge it, you take it into account, and you progress forward accordingly.

There are times when we should proceed with caution, but that is different from being stopped by fear

There is a difference between having a fear and the fear having you.

It is not the people or the situations that determine what you are going to do it is your mindset. It is the way you see it.

So as you look at your life, over the past decades, years, year, months, days, day and into the future to come ask yourself "what fears am i holding onto

What fears am I allowing to imprison me. That is keeping me from breaking out. That is keeping me from living up to my true potential. That is keeping me from really being happy.

What is keeping me from controlling my destiny? What fears am I giving that permission to?

Notice what I said, " What fears am I giving that permission to?" We must give our permission to fear for it to stop us.

Because what ever discomfort you experience, you are born with the ability to handle it.

Make a vow to yourself. Tell yourself that you are going to get out of this rut, let go of your worries and your fears, and move ahead into the unknown.

Tell yourself you will take it on like a little child and stop over complicating things when there is nothing more then yourself complicating it.

Will it be easy? No, it is not going to be any walk in the park for a picnic especially if you have given permission for that poison of fear to run through your veins and run most of your life.

Will it be challanging? Yes, yes it will. There are times you are going to feel like it is going to kick your butt and is it going to? Yes, yes it is!

But you need to keep trudging head long into it, through the unknown, through the challanges, through the fears.

The world around us was built with insecurities and fears, but we are here because we did not let those stop us.

And guess what, you are strong enough to do it too. Your strong enough and your life is worth everything and anything you have to go through.

This fear you have, for yourself, your friends, your family, your home, your country, your world, what ever is, you can do it.

Will it happen over night? No. Will it be a struggle? Yes. Will there be times when you can't make ends meet? Yes, that is also going to happen.

Will there be times you won't know exactly what to do and create even more unknowns? Yes, that is also a part of it.

But you have a choice... YOu can either live your dreams or live your fears.

You have got to get yourself to a point where you say "I am sick and tired of living like this. There has got to be more" and go out there and get it.

May the shadows of night keep and protect you, always.

10. Acred

Acred Avatar

These are important thoughts. Thank you for putting them into words, @Amber Raine !

11. Amber Raine

This weeks service was in Rifts End - Continuing our thoughts to free our minds and our hearts. "Freedom from Worry"

Danellosi Mellonamin, Bienvenue Tout la monde, Good Morning Friends and family.

Such a beautiful day isn't it? Look around us, yet again we see the wonders that are upon us in this world and the one across the rift.

Often times we miss the great things that are surrounding us because we are too wrapped in the worries that nag at us and leave us clouded.

Today I wish to share with you a path of how to rid yourselves of those worries, and see the positives that are all around you, no matter how dark it may currently appear.

Before we get into that however, I wish to share with you some of the wonderful events that are happening in our community.

Today we get to welcome a dear Purple friend back to this side of the rift, after being away for such a long time our friend Grimace has returned to us and tonight there shall be a celebration of welcome

Eclipse Maiden shall be hosting a radio party on Radio Free Britannia and all are welcome to join the celebrations and welcome him back tonight at 8pm NBT

On February 10th we shall be helping raise money in a charitable telethon for Iron Maiden.

As many know Iron Maiden is going through some serious medical issues and there will be a fund raising telethon to help him cover those medical bills.

You are already able to head on over to the GoFundMe and donate, for every person who donates 25$ toward it they will recieve a wonderful cloak here in New Britannia.

Lastly, next week, February 11th, Paxlair will be hosting a Festival to Sequanna just in time for the earthly holiday of Valentines day.
    This Festival will cover many events and will envelope the entire community in a shroud of virtue. Namely Compassion, Spirituality and honor.

We hope you will join us for all of these events as we celebrate as a unified community.

So with those all covered, I have a question for you all. How many people here today get excited when you find out about something new?

something that might be good for your life that might have you feeling like you are going to make progress in a direction you have really been wanting to go?

A new promotion at work, a change in your relationship status, the promise of an event or prospect of a partnership?

Most of the time people get excited about the new thing. Many people get excited about when they finally reach their goal.

But what happens between hearing about it and actually achieving the reward at the end? That is what I call the middle.

To be honest with you we live most of our lives in the middle. Every body gets excited about the new things.

A lot of people never reach their goals , they never get to their destination , they never see their dreams fulfilled

They never experience the fulfillment of their potential or promises in their life because they don't know what to do in the middle.

Everybody gets excited when they finally arrive and they reach their goal but

You know that there are wonderful things out there, and you know you want to have them, but you have to decide that you are going to have them and that you are not going to let anyone or anything take them away from you.

You must make a decision today.

I finally decided that I am not going to spend the rest of my life without peace.

One of the things that you are going to have to learn to do if you want to have peace is learn how to not worry.

Worry is nothing more then making a down payment on a problem you may never have.

Worry is a total complete useless waste of time. Worry never solves your problems.

All it does is torture you. It torments you. It goes against everything we talked about last week. Faith. Nothing at all.

"I can't help it I am just a worrier." No, you have peace and you have power.

I have peace and I have power therefore I am not going to live in a constant state of worry.

Some of you, if you would just change your attitude your life would do a 360 degree turn.

If you would just say "I am not smart enough to solve this."

I, me, myself, I am not smart enough to solve this. I do not know what to do.

And when people say "what are you going to do? What do you think?"

Just look at them and say "I don't have a clue"

I don't know but I do know somebody who does know and I guess the answer will come to me when its time for it to.

Let me read you something, the definition of worry...

~opens up the page to where she has it book marked and reads the definition of worry~

This is the definition that I got .. ready for this? I didn't make it up.

... To torment oneself with disturbing thoughts ...

~looks up and tilts her head and lets out a slight chuckle~

Does anybody here have enough sense to not torment themselves?

~turns toward Kazyn~

"what what are you doing tonight?"

~turns the other way and shrugs~

"I dunno, I thought I would torment myself."

~turns back~

"What?"

"Yea I just thought I would spend the day making myself completely and totally miserable."

Will anyone here seriously disagree with me? That does not sound like something you are likely to want to do.

~returns to reading from the book~

... To torment oneself with disturbing thoughts, to feel uneasy, anxious or troubled. To torment with annoyances, cares, and anxieties.

To seize by the throat, take into the teeth and shake or mangle.

~looks back and up laughs~

Well that sounds like a lot of fun and how i want to spend the rest of my life!

Can we all agree that worries and cares and anxieties of the world.

The deceitfulness of riches, and spending your time focused on who has what and who doesnt, who has said what and who hasn't

Does nothing more then chokes the very breath of faith and peace, suffocates the very power out of every one of us?

Spend all that time your spending worrying and focus on how good it is going to be when you finally achieve your goal.

Fight the good fight. If it helps, start saying some positive things to yourself out loud about how good it is going to be instead of how negative you think it is.

Your own voice will disrupt the wrong thoughts your having. You will believe more of what you say then what anybody else does.

The pracitcality of how not to worry. Learn how to get some humility. It is a virtue after all. And none of us, no matter what path we follow need not embrace them all.

Get some humility. Learn what you can do and what you can't do. Continue to do what you know you can do, try new things, but stop from trying to do things you know you can't.

Accept that you can not do everything and what you can not do someone else will always be there to help you out and do it for you.

Learn to confide, lean on and depend on others. Independance is great, but it only goes so far. Being independant when you know you need help is not good for anyone, physically, mentally or emotionally.

Therefore, stop being perpetually uneasy, anxious, and worried about your life.

The next time you start to worry just have a little talk with yourself.

Seriously, anybody ever heard me say "okay, just stop it?" Or "I need to just stop it"?

You know you have. Yes, believe me.. it helps!

Just have a little talk with yourself and say "all right just stop it. right now, just stop it."

Talk to yourself, this is not going to do any good. I've been there, done that. I'm not going to waste this day tormenting myself and making myself miserable thinking about this thing over and over.

And then you know what you should do? You should go get yourself a nice big bowl of ice cream. Seriously, get yourself a nice big bowl of ice cream and then go get involved with something else that will take your time and your mind.

Something that is going to be happy, something that is going to be helpful. Something that is going to be joyful and peaceful.

Learn that you can't fix everything, sometimes you can't fix anything.

You need to say to yourself often "I'm not smart enough to figure this out so I am not going to waste my time trying."

Can we try this today? Together? Let's just say "I'm not smart enough to figure this out"

Hmm, you don't sound convinced. Some of you even had some really weird looks on your face and didn't say anything at all.

It is like we really want to be the one in control.

Come on, say it with me with a smile. "I'm not smart enough to figure this out"

Thank you! Now realize, that doesn't mean your dumb. We are all smart in our own way. We all have wisdom we are filled with, and it is that wisdom that tells us when we are just not smart enough to figure something out.

And even if you do figure it out later at least you did not have to spend your time worrying and feeling bad that you couldn't figure it out at that very moment.

The other thing that you have to have if you are going to not worry.

Firstly is humility, the second thing that you have to have is experience.

We hear the saying all the time " There is no teacher better then experience "

I have experience with some things, I don't have experience with everything.

Infact I know that there are many things I Do not have. Every week that I have been able to be out here, talking to you about not worrying

and how our chosen path can bring us abundance and prosper. Bring us happiness and opportunity.

While at the same time I am struggling. You wonder why I miss week after week sometimes. I have been doing some serious struggling that only a few of you truly know about

I often times feel kind of silly to be up here preaching it and yet feeling that it wasn't even working for me.

But, I was in the middle... did you hear me? I was in the middle!

I still am, I am still in the middle of it. So much struggle going on, a lot more then many of you may ever realize. Those that do know what I am going through may start to wonder how I can be up here at all.

Truth is, I am in the middle and I can be up here because I know when I get to the end, it will be worth it.

I have started my journey and begun to set sail, I am trying to cross the path and have now become faced with so many different things falling apart beside me and in front of me.

I have things with my family and struggles about finances just like many of you here. Where is my company going? Am I going to lose that important person in my life that means more to me then life its self?

I have started my journey as many of you here today have also done. If you hadn't you would still be an infant and if you were at the end you sure would not be here today, the end is kind of eternal.

So we are not yet at the other side, we are in the middle and what we do in the middle is going to determine if we will ever get to the other side.

And it will determine how long it will take to get there.

I can tell you that I Have messed around the trying to figure out what I was going to do and trying to find the answers to the questions I could not answer.

I can tell you, I also was too proud to admit that I did not know the answer. Too proud to admit that I just could not do it on my own and nearly lost myself.

I messed around way to long but I am trying to help you not to make some of the same mistakes that I did.

And what did I learn? I learned I am not smart enough to solve my own problems. I learned I can not change my boyfriend, I can not change my kids.

I can not change the outcome to medical exams and what is going to happen to my family as they get older and are taken home.

I can not change who is running my country no matter how screwed up and what kind of circus it seems to be turning into.

I can not run the world! It might come as a surprise to some of you but it is too difficult!

Step back. Say to yourself "I am not smart enough to do this" and remember, just because you may not be able to do it now, does not mean that it is never going to get done.

But one thing we're not doing. We are not tormenting ourselves one more day. We may not have all the answers, we may not be able to change anything...

but we area also not going to stand still, in the middle of this path we have chosen to walk on and torment ourselves one more day.

Stand up, Proudly embracing the virtue of humility and accept that what ever happens, happens.

Anything and everything is possible. Sometimes nothing is possible. That is the path we have chosen to walk upon. But no amount of worry or torment is going to change the outcome.

You deserve happiness, you deserve peace, and you deserve to get to the end.

May the shadows of night keep and protect you always!

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  12. Amber Raine

Stressing over what we do not have instead of focusing on the positives in our lives that we do have, seems to have been running rampantly across the world for the past year, more so in the past months and days. Whether you are looking inward toward yourself, your country, your family or a friend. It is a poisonous beast that has lingered far to long causing the world to be embraced by a dark cloud of depression. It is time to make a change.

Today our special guest Speaker Rustic Dragon touches on the subject of "Appreciating not Lamenting" - Let us make it less complicated and control your worry instead of getting stuck in the middle letting it control you.

If you have a subject you would like to challenge us on. Please let us know.

Your strong enough and your life is worth everything and anything you have to go through.

February 25th 2017

Credits: Thank you to Holt Ironfell (@poetscircle) for the churches opening track - "Always Carry a Lockpick"and Jarrod Kailef(@kailef) - "Matrimony Unhinged" for our closing

2112Starman likes this.
  13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I heard one of your comments like this one day when I was in game like 6 months ago (it may be this one, not sure since Im at work and cant play sound). It was really truly inspiring. You should be a public speaker lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.