City and Town lots available in add on store

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by RTM, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTM

RTM Avatar

Hmmmmm.... what do you guys think of that?

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

100 Town at $450
    50 City at $1050 *I stand corrected*

I don't think they'll fly out of the store at those prices.

E n v y likes this.
  3. RTM

RTM Avatar

Citizen or town lot? I'm sure that's what newcomers will be thinking.

4. smack

smack Avatar

I actually expected them to be higher priced. Those are much cheaper to acquire than pledging to the appropriate tier.

$450 vs. $1600 Lord tier
    $1050 vs. $3800 Baron 3 tier

For someone that ONLY wants housing and doesn't care for any other benefits of those tiers, this is a steal. They're basically 28% of the current pledge price. Granted, they are not tax-free deeds, but still.

I actually thought they would be 50% of the KS pledge price, so: $750 for Town and $1500 for City.

5. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

This I agree with. The price is pretty cheap for those lot sizes. A pretty good deal for those who don't care about pledging up to a tier to get the lot and don't care about paying tax on the plot.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Agree with you smack. I think they are under priced as well. Not to mention there is no difference between a LOTM or Dukes city plot and the one they are getting for $1050.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

50 City. If they still have one left by March I'm going to try to get one.

Sir Frank likes this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You guys are forgetting that these are not tax free. That's a huge difference.

Joviex and OSullivan like this.
  9. RTM

RTM Avatar

How much are taxes going to be?

Looks like no reason to pledge until these are all gone.

I was thinking they would be 900 for the town and 1700 for the city.

10. smack

smack Avatar

It's definitely an advantage and would depend on how much that tax really is. I'm guessing it will be high, but the effort to pay for that in-game vs. the real-world price difference might be worth it for some people.

11. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Also have to take into consideration one thing they don't get with the plot also. A house. If they don't have a tier with a house it will raise the price. Of course, they can get a house at the store, but none of the current ones are specifically for a city sized house. A town sized house that will just fit on a town or city plot is $75. They also don't get the current nice looking houses that go along with the tier.

Was pointed out that they do get a starter houses, but not a really good one that comes with the tiers that have those plots (in my opinion). So while they do get a house, at their price they won't get one of the good ones that someone who pledged that tier will get, and to get a better one they would have to buy one through the store, or try and purchase one in game for who knows how much.

As for the tax, we currently don't know what the tax will be. Might be pretty expensive for those lots, but it might not also as I don't think they want the tax to feel like a job to upkeep. Won't know for certain until we get more information on it.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  12. RTM

RTM Avatar

Yes, I think a lot of people are thinking $1150 discount for a town lot is worth paying the taxes.

13. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

No it's really not.
    When you compare price.
    Citizen pledge $500 at the start, $200 for a plot. That's a 2.5 difference
    Lord was $1500 at start, cost should be $600 for a town plot
    Baron was the lowest you could get a city plot and it started at $3000 so city plots should go for $1200 at least.

14. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

According to the text each plot starts with the appropriate starter house. First paragraph

15. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah it was 100 City in the store but now after refreshing it says 50 City. Glad I double checked before I posted the following.

Furthermore, this doubles the number of city lots that were allocated originally during the KS campaign. During that campaign, only about 72 were allocated. After the campaign, they added 20 more for Baron 3, and now 50 more in the store. So pre-launch about 150 city lots are allocated for sale, of which a little less than half have been sold already.

This would mean the number of city lots per village, town, or city have increased (than previously estimated) since you also have to take into account the reserve that was already planned for post-launch sales. For a small town like Owl's Head, of the 66 player lots, only 3 of them were city lots.

Sir Frank likes this.
  16. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. Still not the best looking house for the plot, in my opinion. But it is an okay house to start out with. Will correct my previous post.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. RTM

RTM Avatar

And by appropriate, I assume they mean SIZE appropriate. They should just lock all pledging right now to newcomers and only let them use the add on store. Sheesh. Why would they want to pledge now anyway until those lots are gone. Who knows though, they might open more lots to the add on store later.

18. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Yeah, I saw that and posted about it in the update. Glad it was just a mistake on their part.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Some might still like to pledge for a tier (or upgrade like I am trying) because the tier housing in their eyes is better then what the plot comes with, or is better then any of the current houses in the store.

I could just buy the plot, but those cools houses they are designing for the tier makes me want to upgrade then to just buy the plot.

Then again, I don't know what houses they will have available to purchase with in-game hold when the game is launched. I am guessing tier houses won't be available, but will they just make whatever houses are in the add-on store the houses they can buy in game?

Time Lord likes this.
  20. RTM

RTM Avatar

I really wanted a town lot and thought the only way to get there was to go to Lord. I scraped together all I had over the past 3-4 months and finally got to knight but came on hard times and doubt I will ever make it to Lord now. I probably would of gone with the town lot to start with. Knight castle is cool and all and it is tax free but I could of got a cool town lot for half the price. Oh well, not going to lose sleep over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.