Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Client optimisation and AMDs

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Aenra, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnigmaWinz

EnigmaWinz Avatar

Just as an update. .. I overclocked my FX 8350 from 4.0 ghz to 4.7 ghz over the weekend. Even with the additional heat from the OC after a few hours of play I still didn't get any where close to any dangerous temps. If I may ask what software are you using to monitor your temps? I found that the software AI Suite from my ASUS mobo often gave me incorrect readings while I was monitoring my stress tests.

2. Aenra

Aenra Avatar

Everyone's really helpful round here :)
    Thanks for the links, though i'm already aware!

Will sound like a brocken record, but it is precisely due to my being aware that i set up my tower, fans, air flow, etc as they currently are. It is why, sans liquid cooling, which really is overkill, i have managed to be just fine in ANY, ANY other game out there. Up to now :)

In the off chance my reaching an average of 30C (as mentioned in the OP) seems a lot, mind you that said temps are reached playing games of this current year and in full settings, both from within the game and outside it. Nvidia CTPL, downsizings, injectors. I benchmark me regularly, so i do have some awareness of where "i am", not only performance-wise, but more importantly, temperature-wise. And where i am is more than fine, in regard to my processor model.

In the interest of fairness, yes, Unity is known to cause such issues prior to being optimised. Hence the OP. A mere acknowledgement would suffice!
    And again, thanks for both your input and patience guys, much obliged :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.