Combat advice requested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rip Saya, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip Saya

Rip Saya Avatar

I have been training polearms and also have fire. I noticed a prolific problem of attacks not working. It seems as if my target is not set. They are red, in front of me, and attacks don't land and auto-attack is somehow off.

Note that even when it works like it is supposed to, it stops work repeatedly in the same fight. I am constantly having to re-double click on the enemy. It is very annoying.

I am sure this must be user error, so I am asking for tips. I should mention that I am also constantly stacking cards, so perhaps that is causing the problem.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Press T or double click them to start swinging. Sometimes they get on top of you so slowly back away while fighting. Also at the moment there is a bug with losing target when you release a left or right click (super irritating but has been reported)

Aurelius, Tahru, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Its not a user error. For some incredibly stupid reason you randomly lose target. I'm 99.9999% sure its a bug, but I've been too lazy to bug report it. I'll go from being swarmed and fighting to suddenly targeting my summon or pet for no reason (no hitting tab key, the mouse, or any of the F keys). Tracking definitely needs to be fixed. The only recommendation I have is use the TAB key for targeting to minimize mouse miss clicks just in case, but it hasn't helped me any.

*EDIT* SNIPED AGAIN BY THEMO... SHEESH. You've got fast fingers. Also good to know bug has already been reported

Aurelius, Weins201, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In R25 my avatar seems to often stop auto-attacking in the middle of a battle.. I haven't reported it because I thought I was imagining things. It is hard to tell if missing a target is a bug because when fighting against stronger mobs the avatar misses a lot and that is intentional as far as I know. One thing to check is the color of your avatar name. If it is not red, you are not in proper range for an auto-attack.

Aurelius and Tahru like this.
  5. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I noticed that often happens with Wolves.. you may be fighting one then when another arrives behind you, then you loose targeting.. sometimes I have to actually move back or relocate to be able to target the wolves again. And if you summon a linche or a Skeleton you may have to move around as your pet makes it very difficult to get a lock.. This is something else they will have to fix later on..

Tahru and Aurelius like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have reported over and OVER about the game chossing your target for you instead of hitting the one you have chosen, when there are more than one target close buy. Bugs reported and forum reorted- find the bug reports and or add it to the R25 bug reports.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think, whoever you target, you should turn to them automatically if standing still. That would reduce the possibility of wrongly chosen targets or targets slightly out of range (to the left , or right, not weapon range).

8. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Generally, I'd agree, but for example those damn spiders rely on you being stuck facing the wrong way while their friends eat you, so it would need to be overriden by effects that hold you in place.

Tahru and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.