Combat: Piercing, Slashing, Bashing

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by owenmcgarel, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owenmcgarel

owenmcgarel Avatar

I like D&D, specifically AD&D. In that game, there are three types of attacks: Pierching, Slashing, and Bashing (P, S, B). These would have different effects on different enemies. Some weapons even had multiple types of attacks. Why am I talking about this?

Well, I think that in addition to the "card game" combat system that the creators are putting forward (which from what I can tell involves switching out hot-keys, I could be completely wrong) the character should also have control over what attacks the character can use with just the mouse clicking.

Of course this would change depending on the kind of weapon used. But let's say that you are going up against some Undead characters and you have a Longsword. Longswords have Piercing and Slashing damage. So, because Undead characters take only 1/2 damage from Piercing attacks, you want to use more Slashing with your weapon.

And maybe if there's a special skill with a particular weapon (a.k.a. Proficient), you could even throw in some random skilled attacks while rapidly clicking the mouse button. Like maybe you are slashing through all those skeletons and every once in a while you do a slow, less accurate but very damaging Slash move.

I think this would add more depth to the mind-less droning on of combat and I hope LB or someone takes this into consideration.

MalakBrightpalm, Devoid and Mordecai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.