Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat Stacking... Yes/No?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Toadster, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I agree with this but stacking needs to be balanced. Difficulty of stacking vs benefit vs physical capabilities with out 3rd party programs or customized macros. I should not have to get a macro keyboard and assign 20 macros to stack my deck without having cramps in my forearm from awkward use.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Everyone should just get something like the razer orbweaver and move on with their PC gaming life.

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Haha. Because I am sure everyone has that kind of expendable cash... Though, I couldn't use that thing even if I did have the money due to disability - you have likely never seen a left hand as screwed up as mine outside of having no left hand at all.

Olthadir likes this.
  5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I have. Worked in the OR for 8 years. Sorry to hear about your disability.

I assume since PCs are expensive to begin with that it's more likely PC gamers can afford a peripheral to make the experience much better (if they can use it). Totally worth saving up for.

6. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

PC's are only expensive if you go buy:

<Insert Brand Name Here>:
    <Insert amazing Grafic design Gaming PC logo Here>.

I build my own box which seriously cuts the cost down.

7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Indeed. You get a far better product for less. Good motherboard and low latency RAM is something no package includes

8. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

Having automated stacking concurrent with Chaotic Feedback would absolutely favor mages more than the game already does at this point. Let's not have auto stacking? I'm a high level Earth mage that LOVES to stack obsidian arrows/earthquakes, and if auto-stacking was a thing, it would make me more than just a tad bit ridiculous.

Just my two cents.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

What's so hard about holding down key A and press key B? Or go with the stack-key, that's another keystroke, but you don't have to hold anything down. Of course, you should have all hotbar keys that have stackable skills on them in reach, but that's only 5 keys if you go 5/5/18. And if you have more skills that need to be stacked just reassign some hotkeys.
    I don't think there's any automation needed.

10. Aord

Aord Avatar

To be honest with you (especially with fellow mages), I now utilize the full locked deck. I tried different options for stacking etc, but cannot force myself into this play style. I try to maximize my focus while minimizing glyph focus cost via skills.
    It would be great if the game won't try to force me into this random deck stuff later on. Staring at the hotbar isn't fun, I enjoy the way monsters burn to my magic instead.

11. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Since there is both stacking and weaving (which still unfortunately show the same color) I would prefer the stacking to be hold button 1 for half second to get button whatever to stack to it. Weaving stays the same, that way you can still stack two woven combos. Think of the visual circle for holding the button like in the far cry series.

Aord likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I use a partial locked/free deck. I found this to be the most effective, especially for skills like aimed shot and rapid fire.

Fizzlebang likes this.
  13. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

Likewise; I think the optimal build is always gonna be some portion of dynamic/locked slots. The ratio can vary from build to build, but the extremes (full unlocked or full locked) are more detrimental than beneficial imho.

Lord Barugon likes this.
  14. Aord

Aord Avatar

Very good idea was proposed by @GreyMouser Skye - add the ability to press and hold the key so it would automatically stack is there is another available copy of the same glyph.

15. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Not a new idea, mentioned it many times before, but in this development you have to hit the right ear at the right time. I am not very lucky at lining these two things up. :(

16. Net

Net Avatar

I think that stacking does not go well with moving around and actually targetting your opponents. Not so bad when you can tank with defensive buffs, but for kiting it is really terrible. It worked fine when we could tab target and character looked at the opponent automatically during casting. Now I hope they either return to tabtargetting or redesign stacking mechanics.

FrostII likes this.
  17. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

From your lips to Port's ears.... Amen brother !
    Combat targeting, stacking while maintaining targets.... all need serious work .
    Well, IMO - of course.

Net likes this.
  18. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

i've been stacking with the 5/5/18 method - level four stacks do indeed suck when they miss ;) i usually hit with just level two stacks since level 3 stacks dont work. too many keys to hit, and then a tree branch obscures the vision, so you have to mouse view (which sucks when you touch it) and the guy moves now its just a fumblefuck. Has anyone seen if the creators have extra fingers or something?

I usually try to pull my wife in, have her do the stacking while I maneouver . I move the wasd to jikl and I usually run 0 and 9 myself which is where i stack healing. She gets about 10 minutes and gets bored.

How about F keys do something like combine slot 1 and 2 and fire it? It would save keystrokes ( on both the R and combine, and when you hold 1 then 2 down to combine)

some sort of view lock, and F combines.... made for a human and not an octopus.

THE HENDOMAN

19. moko

moko Avatar

Hilarious :D I had to imagine you like Chilly Gonzales when he does duets on his piano

Regarding the topic: I enjoy stacking, I usually do slot 1-4 attack spells unlocked, slot 5 for heals unlocked, slot 6 locked for DOT, slot 7 unlocked or locked for misc., slot 8 soul tap, slot 9&10 for defense/buffs unlocked

The Hendoman likes this.
  20. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

well, I played Interstate '76 with mouse and keyboard, and ended up having better success with me driving and targeting and my friend on the other side of the keyboard shooting and scouting. You'd often max out the keystroke buffer now and then, but it did look like the above video at times. That was a great summer, interstate 76 and Rocket Jockey... wow

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    moko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.