Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat Z then Ctrl combo

Discussion in 'Release 29 Dev+' started by ashmaul, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

It would be nice if there was a setting for the mouse release when entering combat.
    I do not like that I hit Z and then have to hit Ctrl in order to release my mouse.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Agreed. The crosshair mouse pointer lockout makes it even harder to loot mobs now. It gets easier when you can hit CTRL to get the pointer back to loot mobs, but trying to loot a pile of skeletons with that little reticle is painful.

Plus, if you like to use the mouse to choose glyphs during combat, you need that extra step hitting the CTRL button to do that.

The hotkey to enter combat should simultaneously unlock the cursor so that we can click on the glyphs. (Or at least give us this as an option to check in options.)

Chatele and Ice Queen like this.
  3. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

Daxxe,

I have in the past used my mouse to stack my glyphs, but with the new system if I use my mouse for that then I stop swinging my weapon.
    So in the current stat that is no longer an option either.

Ash

Daxxe Diggler and Ice Queen like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The auto attack now requires players to hold the left click button, which make it much harder for those who relying on mouse to use activate glyphs as well.

I still prefer this game to be more "camera-free" control rather than Witcher 3 style or at least give us the option to toggle the mode.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you all for the feedback. These issues and concerns are known to the team, and we will be closely watching for changes and polish to this significant new system while moving forward.

While we recognize that change is difficult, we encourage players to give the new reticle-targeting system a fair shake. It takes some getting used to, but it has its benefits. :)

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You can use the G key to auto attack a freeing the mouse button.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I used to use "G" to toggle between auto attack and free/charge mode and "T" for turn auto attack on/off, maybe it's just the binding issue then :)

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

This is the default setup, I haven't messed with keybinds in a long time. (if the binds are different then I'd check them out.)

It looks like T doesn't work any more for auto attack, even though it is still in the key bind area. The only way I found to do a plain vanilla attack was with the G key, and if it's held down it will 'auto attack'. Like before the Keypad* enables and disables auto attack. Enabled you could auto attack using the T key (in previous releases.) If disabled, you could use the charge up key, G, when it was held down. In R29 the G key attacks. It's action depends on the status of auto attack. If auto attack is enabled, the G key will do a vanilla attack. If auto attack is enabled, it will do a charged attack.

I'm not sure if this is the designed intended behavior now or a bug. The way it is implemented now, it's not really an auto attack in the old sense.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I guess, the need of having to hold left click key in order to do auto attack concerns me a bit.. It's like we're trying to fix the issue with player having to hold right click all the time to go around places by making them holding left click instead.

Unless I'm missing something here.

10. Acred

Acred Avatar

I never have used Auto-Attack or extremely rarely. It is odd not to "target" the mob, but the reticle works fine for me. I will get used to that, and I like it changing colour.

I need to use my cursor for stacking ( and eventually will for combos, because I have become accustomed to using an unlocked deck ) and that still works. Once I had set up the movement keys that I am used to, getting around went well.

What does NOT work well is the constant loss of the stable camera position, at moments that I equip my weapon with 'z' and other times leaving conversations and at odd times that I have not yet discerned the cause. Please @Attenwood would you let the team know that even when I reduced my mouse sensitivity, the unexpected wavering of my viewpoint came close to making me nauseous.

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Can't believe you guys chose the Ctrl key as the toggle. :confused:
    Bad idea.

I have a billion macro's (and no, I don't mean SotA macros) that use the Ctrl key and I'll have to redo them all. :mad:

Unless you give us the ability to change the Ctrl key to some other key.
    Please do that..........

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Yeah It's a mess.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  13. juko

juko Avatar

I feel like i am playing a First person shooter game now i have to have me cross hairs on anything i want to target even when i want to heal a party member if i wanted this i would be playing another game i want a old school rpg i think i speak for many on this its horrible........ fix the broken stuff instead of giving us half butt new stuff.......

14. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I'm Lazarus Long And I Approve This Message :)

15. ashmaul

ashmaul Avatar

yes much harder to eat and play at the same time also.
    I have not hit my drinking part of the day yet, but if I am unable to drink and play... well that is going to be an issue that need to be resolved...

Maybe we can get Port to make a rule that running a bot while drinking has no repercussions as long as you can prove drinking is going on in RL, like a twitch feed or something :) Bunch of drunk people on twitch would probably be good advertisement also.

Ash

Culaan, Beli, Brickbat and 1 other person like this.
  16. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I give it another shot and try not to focus on the screen too much. The nauseating seems be a bit less, but now with auto attack being force to holding left click and ctrl becomes a camera swap.. I'm having a hard time trying to use the glyph 6 to 0 and also discard the glyph I don't need at a time.

We really need the "T" toggle auto attack button back and also make camera swap key configuration or move it away from ctrl key.

Moiseyev Trueden and Beli like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Um how is it Auto Attack if you have to hold down a button seems really kidnd of foolish. All it is now is a different form of a free attack . Dumb.

kristof, Moiseyev Trueden and Beli like this.
  18. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Couldn't Agree More. Seems The Words And Concept of AUTO ATTACK have really gotten LOST here.

If we wanted to use the mouse to attack we would use Free Attack!

Please put it back the way it was. Automatically Attack. Not Manually Attack.

So So So Messed up.

19. Curt

Curt Avatar

I belive they will change from control button to TAB
    Tab is not needed for its old purpose after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.